Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Film Question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406456)

Paluka 12-28-2005 02:40 PM

Re: Film Question

[ QUOTE ]
Gilbert Grape no way.

Dead Man gets the nod, not totally because of him though.

The rest I guess, hard to believe Finding Neverland is "great," however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Finding Neverland was an exceptional film. I enjoyed it very much. I don't understand why you would find it "hard to believe" that a movie with 2 highly acclaimed leads with many many awards between them and a director who was coming off a successful film (Monster's Ball) could be great.

bisonbison 12-28-2005 02:41 PM

LA Confidential
The Insider
A Beautiful Mind
Master and Commander
Cinderella Man

I didn't like Gladiator much, but the man has mad chops and is almost always entirely convincing as whoever he's playing.

Hell, I even liked Mystery, Alaska.

rgreenm90 12-28-2005 02:43 PM

Hanks and Crowe are the easy answers. If you ask the question again in ten years, Norton will be on there also. I'd say the third spot goes to Liam Neeson, Kevin Spacey, Denzel, or maybe Depp. Interesting that no women have been mentioned.

jba 12-28-2005 02:45 PM

bison,

KKF is apparently talking about Denzel.

LA Confidential is the [censored], and crowe's best movie by far.

peace,
jba

nyc999 12-28-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sean Penn

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I had to get to the fifth page to see his name. I'd go...

Hanks
Penn
Crowe

bisonbison 12-28-2005 02:47 PM

Norton's good in Fight Club and Red Dragon. I understand a lot of people liked him in American History X (which I thought sucked) and Primal Fear (haven't seen it in years).

But beyond that? I dunno. Red Dragon's the only good movie he's made this century.

diebitter 12-28-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Norton's good in Fight Club and Red Dragon. I understand a lot of people liked him in American History X (which I thought sucked) and Primal Fear (haven't seen it in years).

But beyond that? I dunno. Red Dragon's the only good movie he's made this century.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words: 25th hour

kyro 12-28-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was very good in "The Score." Not a very good movie, but he was excellent in it.

Paluka 12-28-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was very good in "The Score." Not a very good movie, but he was excellent in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is also true for Death To Smoochy and Rounders. Not great films, but he stood out in both.

bisonbison 12-28-2005 03:20 PM

I've never seen. Added to netflix.