Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398861)

ClaytonN 12-15-2005 08:58 PM

Re: Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond

I think a major part of where Giga thinks he can get JJ Liu to release AK on the end would have to do with the turn bet. It looks strange after the checkcall on the flop and puts Liu on the defensive.

adanthar 12-15-2005 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't that interesting that a tight player gets as much action than an agressive player? If you feel you can playback at a LAG because he certainly has nothing and you'll put the weak tight to the test because he will lay it down, that makes a case to play tight.

So if you build a weak tight image you can make a huge pot without holding the nuts. Isn't that weird?

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough*

I agree with shaniac in that I think this hand had to end on the turn.

shaniac 12-15-2005 09:00 PM

Strange plays usually inspire people to make marginal calls, not big folds, Clayton.

sirio11 12-15-2005 10:36 PM

I have to say that she played this hand perfectly; probably she even acted in a way (tells) to convice Gigabet she didn't have a strong holding; because it's clear Gigabet could't read her at all in this hand.

Annulus 12-15-2005 10:58 PM

I totally agree with everything you have said Shaniac.

I think Gigabet played this hand horribly. Even Michael Jordan screws up sometimes (and by no means am I implying he is the MJ of poker). Just because it's him we have to praise him and understand his thinking?

She raised preflop against him (which means something). She made a *weak continuation bet (which means something). She called his turn weird bet (which means something). Why does Gigabet not slowdown or shut down? I don't get it.

Also want to add. Someone mentioned that Gigabet spoke with JJ earlier and he had a take on her game/line of thinking. Maybe this JJ played him for the sucker? Is that not possible? Who knows, all I'm getting at is that I think JJ played the hand wonderful and deserves a lot of credit.

J_V 12-15-2005 11:02 PM

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play...a=r&n=1697

The more I think about this hand and the player in question, the less I buy Gigabet's assertion that the only hands she will pay off with here are KK or 6 or turned fullhouse.

I'm in agreement with pretty much everything shaniac said, except the notion that she may have been setting up this play. I find that hard to believe, but not impossible.

Ulysses 12-15-2005 11:10 PM

shaniac,

Good to see you copying my thoughts. Keep it up and maybe I can teach you how to be a decent tourney player.

shaniac 12-15-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shaniac,

Good to see you copying my thoughts. Keep it up and maybe I can teach you how to be a decent tourney player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping you'd teach me the secret to living the life of a man of wealth and taste.

12-15-2005 11:25 PM

When I heard she showed KK after she folded to Laak's "move," I thought, "why the heck would she show?"

She must have been doing backflips throughout this hand with Gigabet.

Roman 12-15-2005 11:39 PM

I think Giga's read is being questioned more than the actual play. I assumed that his read was accurate, and since he would make a more accurate guess of her calling range on the river then any of us, I think you simply have to take his word for it and judge the play based on the read he had.