Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   clangs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366689)

AceHigh 10-28-2005 03:09 PM

Re: clangs

You seem to understand Tommy, better than most and Tommy's not talking so - why check the flop? Isn't this a good flop for missing and bluffing (uncoordinated and pretty drawless)?

And what do you do on the river if he follows up the turn with a bet?

"Tommy can you hear me?"

mike l. 10-28-2005 03:26 PM

the first best thing that can happen, and the second best

the best thing that can happen is tommy wins the pot on the end and stacks the chips. but the second best thing is for him to be called and then he turns his cards up and says nothing and gives nothing (shameless showdowns he calls them) and loses the pot but his opponents are befuddled, confused, incorrectly thrilled or excited, it spells trouble for them if they start to reconstruct the hand in their heads. it leads them down the path to losing serious chips to tommy in the future.

it's only a little worse than the first best that can happen. theyre both good things. it's a win-win situation.

PokerBob 10-28-2005 03:55 PM

Re: the first best thing that can happen, and the second best

[ QUOTE ]
the best thing that can happen is tommy wins the pot on the end and stacks the chips. but the second best thing is for him to be called and then he turns his cards up and says nothing and gives nothing (shameless showdowns he calls them) and loses the pot but his opponents are befuddled, confused, incorrectly thrilled or excited, it spells trouble for them if they start to reconstruct the hand in their heads. it leads them down the path to losing serious chips to tommy in the future.

it's only a little worse than the first best that can happen. theyre both good things. it's a win-win situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

great analysis imho

jason_t 10-28-2005 05:39 PM

Re: the first best thing that can happen, and the second best

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for this.

10-28-2005 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing a lot of shorthanded these days. I'm in my best-ever mental and physical shape, playing in the toughest player pool I've ever swam in. It is war, and peace, together.

And I do love my enemies. And music is made from the clangs of our swords ...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so stupid it made me laugh out loud for real.

SpaceAce 10-29-2005 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Tommy can you hear me?"

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a sensation.

SpaceAce

AdamL 10-29-2005 03:41 PM

I don't think I caught it, if an explanation was given -- why not try to take it down on the flop?

AdamL 10-29-2005 11:20 PM

shameless bump

sublime 10-30-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I caught it, if an explanation was given -- why not try to take it down on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy doesnt answer questions, he just creates them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]