Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Confess your poker sins (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361330)

GoCubsGo 10-22-2005 01:27 PM

Re: Confess your poker sins

I berate the good players at the table, hoping they'll either think I'm a donk that doesn't understand, or get up and clear a space for a bad player to join.

10-22-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I berate the good players at the table, hoping they'll either think I'm a donk that doesn't understand, or get up and clear a space for a bad player to join.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's a darn good idea! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

element00 10-22-2005 09:13 PM

I built up a $250 stack on a $25 and gambled it all away the same way I got it... *cries about it now* -- wish i woulda just left. I have plenty more unspeakable sins that I won't get into.

FrankLu99 10-22-2005 10:22 PM

me<---seat 9
the dealer leaves and I let one loose.
Seat 8 smells it and makes a comment
I blamed it on the dealer

Allinlife 10-22-2005 11:59 PM

I know better

popesc 10-23-2005 09:41 PM

Since I confessed my sins, I have been winning at a rate of over 8 BB/100 hands.

So I just wanted to add that I sometimes call too much, and occasionally I go on tilt after a bad beat, although I have made a lot of progress on the later.

ackid 10-24-2005 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have one so bad that I'll post after I get results.

For now, it's berating fish at $0.25/$0.50 and lower after getting outdrawn. I never do it in my regular game but I derive so much satisfaction from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing online 2/4 the other day, and I went bust on a short buy after getting outdrawn as a small favorite. I started typing "FUK YOU THAT WAS MY RENT MONEY!! OMFG, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?"

I then proceed to load up with something like $1300 on the table. Everyone thought it was pretty funny actually, including the guy who sucked out on me. I never actually berate people.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSHMCH!!!!

(laughing so hard my chest hurts).

SNOWBALL138 10-24-2005 04:06 AM

I was playing 4/8 omaha eight or better with a full kill the other night and almost every pot was a kill. I play ok when its a full table and everyone else is playing badly, but then it got down to 3 people b/c everyone else either left or went broke, and I had a foul-mouthed whacko aggressive tilter on my left. Instead of admitting to myself that I had no idea how to make strategic adjustments, and leaving the game, I ended up losing my whole buy-in.

I then decided to quit playing omaha/8 and switch over to some 4/8 hold em action. I ended up losing, but I played really really well. One mistake I made playing that night was to basically call out this guy's tell before I folded when this guy rivered me. I've never done this before, and I'll try to never do it again, even though I found it satisfying at the time.

I probably made another mistake also. I bluff-raised this one guy, who I knew held a small pocket pair, on the river and then I showed it. I'm not sure if it was a big mistake or not, but I broke my rule about showing hands: never show your hand unless you have a specific reason to do it

10-24-2005 04:10 AM

Re: I am so ashamed...

playing although I'm very tired.

jb9 10-24-2005 10:54 AM

I too often play when I'm sick, tired, distracted, annoyed, can't sleep, am waiting for someone, or otherwise cannot focus properly on the game.