Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   August Goals Post (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304509)

SavageMiser 09-01-2005 08:17 PM

Re: August Goals Post

[ QUOTE ]
1. 12k hands of hold'em
2. Reduce emotional responses to tough beats. No yelling!
3. Eliminate the urge to call down after getting check-raised on the turn.
4. Play more Omaha/8
5. 60 SnGs

[/ QUOTE ]

1. 14k
2. Marginal, though I'm getting better.
3. Better
4. Meh
5. Got about halfway, but hard to tell since I did a lot on FTP.

QTip 09-01-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
August Goals:

1. Play at least 63K hands if we go on vacation, at least 80K hands if we don't.

2. Reread SSHE.

3. Buy and read a new poker book (not sure which yet).

4. Workout 15 times in the month of August.

5. Make at least 40 strategic posts in the SS Forum.

6. Make at least 2 spreadsheets analyzing certain strategies.

7. Play 1 table of a higher limit than 2/4 at least 1 hour/week.

8. Finish my business website and decide how to approach getting just 1 more client for a project in September.

[/ QUOTE ]

This month was tough for me because I really only got to play for 2 weeks of the month. I worked as a consultant for 1 week and went on vacation the other. Still, I managed to get in about 50K hands.

I did reread SSHE.

Instead of buying a new poker book, I decided to read completely through hepfap and finish Middle Limit Poker. I did complete hepfap, and I read some more of MLP; however, I'm not sure I'll ever completely finish the book because I'm too awestruck by the weak/tightness and the thinking poisons my brain.

Unreal! I completed 15 workouts! I got an exercise bike and that really helped me. I even play while I'm riding the bike.

I made plenty of posts this month.

Didn't get to make any spreadsheets.

I played about 350 hands of 10/20. It was great and I'm at 4.24bb/100 over this huge sample....obviously I'm crushing the game [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh yeah...the website! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Haven't touched it.

TimM 09-02-2005 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<ul type="square"> [*]32,000 hands at 5/10 full[*]Continue improving discipline during play[*]Continue the twice weekly workout sessions[*]Lose 10 lbs. (really this time) [/list]
The list is getting shorter, but I will be pretty busy this month. I'll be helping a friend run a two week chess and computer gaming day camp for kids. I'll also run a couple of small poker tournaments for the oldest kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I worked 11 days at the camp, I found myself too tired to play more than about an hour or so each night afterwards, and so I cut the number of hands to 24,000. I actually played 23,000. Did very well and moved back to 10/20 halfway through, and did well enough there that I will start 15/30 next tuesday with 496BB (I won't nit over the 4BB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). Again because of the camp I got only 5 workouts in, and ate poorly, so I only lost maybe 1 lb. this month.

SteamingFish 09-03-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Clear my $300 bonus at Interpoker, losing less than $600 after the bonus.
2. Read SSH yet again.
3. Fold more on the river.
4. Have more aggression after the flop.
5. Kick some ass in division four at the Scrabble Nationals, a game where I actually have an iota of skill.
6. Play some B&amp;M poker in Reno while I'm there. Any recommendations? Any non-smoking?
7. Post some damn hands.
8. Have another ESWL.
9. Check out Yahoo! Personals and see if there's any more than the same six unattractive women that there were a year ago.
10. Play 5K hands at no worse than -2BB/100.

I am absolutely 100% positive than I can accomplish #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Yes! Turned it around, made $30 (only losing $270 of the $300 bonus).
2. Got part way, but started Weighing the Odds and Ace on the River instead.
3. No, I still make too many crying calls.
4. Shoot, I think I've gotten even more passive.
5. 12th place out of 122. Was in the money until the final day when it all went to hell.
6. Too tired due to 5. Too bad, I watched for a while and every pot was huge.
7. Posted one.
8. Didn't need the ESWL, had a ureteroscopy instead. Much better!
9. Checked last night, and there were a bunch!
10. Played 7K hands. Not sure the BB, but I think it may have actually been positive. Definitely higher than -2BB!