Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Taco Bell (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303227)

mlh2e 07-29-2005 02:25 PM

Re: Taco Bell

Best value -- Double Decker Tacos. You need to eat them quick, though, or else the inner crunchy taco gets soggy.

The Chipotle chicken burrito was awesome, but they took it away. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I used to work across the street from a taco bell. Someone at the drive-thru flicked a cigarette into the mulch and I watched as my beloved eatery burned to the ground.

Ulysses 07-29-2005 02:26 PM

Taco Bell is simultaneously complete crap and awesome. However, you kids all missed the glory days of Taco Bell. None of this newfangled gimmicky stuff compares to the delight that was Cinnamon Crispas and the pure joy that was the Cheesarito. The Cheesarito only survived on the menu for a short period, but for a long time, diehard Taco Bell employees would still hook you up with them. I imagine now you'd just get a blank stare if you asked for one, though.

IndieMatty 07-29-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is simultaneously complete crap and awesome. However, you kids all missed the glory days of Taco Bell. None of this newfangled gimmicky stuff compares to the delight that was Cinnamon Crispas and the pure joy that was the Cheesarito. The Cheesarito only survived on the menu for a short period, but for a long time, diehard Taco Bell employees would still hook you up with them. I imagine now you'd just get a blank stare if you asked for one, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im getting taco bell tomorrow now, in honor of the Taco Bell Grande and when it WAS actually cheap.

49 cents for hard or soft tacos.

[censored] the zone.

[censored] 07-29-2005 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did the cheesarito compare to the chilito?

sfer 07-29-2005 02:31 PM

This post is genius.

dtbog 07-29-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is simultaneously complete crap and awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

[ QUOTE ]
However, you kids all missed the glory days of Taco Bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a suspicion that it all changed over when that damn chiuaua started doing their advertising, no?

jakethebake 07-29-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that astro is not talking about the "cinnamon things" (cinnamon twistas) but instead is talking about Cinnamon Crispas, something completely different and awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know the difference. Please enlighten me.

Wintermute 07-29-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me try out a theory based on this post. I think everyone somewhat outgrows Tbell eventually because their own personal Tbell "glory days" have passed them by. For me, Taco Bell began to peak around the time of the introduction of the Chalupa, crested with that 2-lb., 1320-calorie wet dream known as the Mucho Grande Nachos, and started down the backside with the Grilled Stuft. Most of the most recent new menu items have been shite compared to what I "grew up on". For example, this new hexagonal tortilla-wrapped-around-a-tostada thing isn't fooling me at all. It's nothing special--there's no new ingredients or even evolution in terms of combining different ingredients. In fact it has seroius structural problems in that it's difficult to get the hot sauce inside of it without tearing it apart.

Reading ElD's post got me thinking that maybe everyone enjoys the first, or near-first TBell they've ever had the best, and over time as the menu changes TBell gradually falls out of favor (but never completely).

I imagine I'm about 7-8 years younger than ElD. I bet many folks 7-8 years younger than me (starting college) think this hexagonal concoction is god's gift to fast food.

Still, TBell in its prime set the bar way to high to ever be considered less than the best fast food restaurant by me.

jakethebake 07-29-2005 02:46 PM

The Taco Bells in St. Louis used to run all kinds of sports team specials. $.10 off for every touchdown the Rams scored that week...stuff like that. One week, oh man, they were like $.09 tacos. It ruled.

shant 07-29-2005 02:46 PM

The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is one of the best newer-style items. It's not on the menu most of the time, but the employees will still make it.