Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best SNES games? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403722)

Fabian 12-23-2005 07:31 AM

Re: Best SNES games?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Super Demo World

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ???

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hack of Super Mario World, meaning it uses the SMW engine/graphics but with new levels and new worlds etc. 120 exits. Like Stefan says, it's completely awesome and strictly better than Super Mario World, which is my favourite real SNES game (not much experience with the console). It's much much more difficult than SMW, which is great considering the difficulty was SMW's biggest flaw IMO.

SDW is created by some japanese dude I think, and if you google it I don't think it should be difficult to find and play on an emulator. I recommend it.

12-23-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost forgot about...

NBA Jam Tournament Edition

[/ QUOTE ]

Delivers the facial!

ScottieK

peterchi 12-23-2005 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Final Fantasy II (or IV, whatever)
Final Fantasy III (VI)

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're stranded all alone for a weekend, these are money.

If you've got friends over, I gotta go with Street Fighter II.

oreogod 12-23-2005 01:14 PM

so I had downloaded a sub huge file that had ever SNES rom a while back and never really dug into it.

OMG...I just started playing the following this morning:
1.Earthbound
2.Super Double Dragon
3.Shadowrun
4.Flashback

and wow. These are truly some good games. Earthbound Ive heard about but the graphics were a huge turn off, but this game seems like its pretty good so far. Also, Super Double Dragon is pretty bad ass, I love that there is a multitude of combos/styles you can fight with (reminds me of the new game The Warriors...also very bad ass).

dankhank 12-23-2005 02:02 PM

there was also a pretty good ncaa football game for snes, where the game was an overhead view with the field laid out on a lower-left corner to upper-right corner diagonal. not sure if any football games have gone with that style since, but it played well.

astroglide 12-23-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're lookin for a "sleeper" - UN Squadron

[/ QUOTE ]

i just searched to see if anybody had added this game. good call, great shooter.

CollinEstes 12-23-2005 02:58 PM

For shame all of you for not at least mentioning: Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball. For shame.

12-23-2005 03:01 PM

Tears mentioned Ken Griffey. It's the best game ever and I'm the champion. Are emulators free? Can anyone point me to a site where I can download the whole kit and caboodle. I'm pc challenged.

CollinEstes 12-23-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tears mentioned Ken Griffey. It's the best game ever and I'm the champion. Are emulators free? Can anyone point me to a site where I can download the whole kit and caboodle. I'm pc challenged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have missed it, for shame on me.

12-23-2005 03:04 PM

Help me out Collin... I have the sudden urge to play again. Where do I DL that [censored]