Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Which Star Wars Character was the best? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396774)

samjjones 12-13-2005 10:57 AM

Re: Which Star Wars Character was the best?

Having a "Which Star Wars Character was the best?" poll and leaving out Han Solo is a f-ing travesty.

12-13-2005 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the common misconception of the Force, that the Force is a duality - possessing both light and dark sides. This stems from Western civilization's philosophy. Lucas, however, drew a lot from Eastern civilization when he created the Force. The Force is one, possessing neither light nor dark.

[/ QUOTE ]Well he [censored] up by calling it the dark side a hundred times then, didn't he. His failure is now complete.

12-13-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the question was which character is the best. Anakin has to be considered since he nailed natalie portman, but in the end it can only be Yoda.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ASSUMING none of the others nailed Padme'. I believe it is common knowledge that Mace Windu gave her the "O" face.

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]Yoda too.

[yoda]Mmmmm, over I will bend you. Bang you I will.[/yoda]

It's walking in on this that sent Anakin to the dark side...er, I mean, the outside-the-force-Eastern-philosophy-not-really-the-dark-side-we-just-call-it-that thing. But that scene got cut to avoid an R rating.

4_2_it 12-13-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.ianmcdiarmid.com/iansenateclose.jpg

And it isn't even close...

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Mace Windu pwn him in about 90 seconds then?

arod15 12-13-2005 11:36 AM

I f'd up the name. I meant to say is the best warrior. Han solo is a great character but even Princess Lea could take him out. What I wonder is if Vader was so strong why he didnt wack Lord Sidious and rule the whole Galaxy. They should really make a video game where you can fight a la mortal combat with all star wars characters. That would be interesting....

Matt Flynn 12-13-2005 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I f'd up the name. I meant to say is the best warrior. Han solo is a great character but even Princess Lea could take him out. What I wonder is if Vader was so strong why he didnt wack Lord Sidious and rule the whole Galaxy. They should really make a video game where you can fight a la mortal combat with all star wars characters. That would be interesting....

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucas said Anakin/Vader started out with the potential to be twice as strong as the Emperor but ended up about 80% of him and could not use force lightning due to his injuries.

Y'all forgot Boba Fett.

MD2020 12-13-2005 11:58 AM

Voting for Wedge Antilles. He's the only man, in the entire universe, to survive TWO Death Star Runs.

And he doesn't rely on the Force, either. Just courage and balls of steel.

wdeadwyler 12-13-2005 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They should really make a video game where you can fight a la mortal combat with all star wars characters. That would be interesting....

[/ QUOTE ]

They did, the Episode 3 video games has an unlockable dueling mode. Anakin owns that mode.

12-13-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Voting for Wedge Antilles. He's the only man, in the entire universe, to survive TWO Death Star Runs.

And he doesn't rely on the Force, either. Just courage and balls of steel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooooh...good one.

"Look at the size of that thing!"

ScottieK

DarkForceRising 12-13-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.ianmcdiarmid.com/iansenateclose.jpg

And it isn't even close...

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Mace Windu pwn him in about 90 seconds then?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Lucas, it is open to interpretation as to whether Mace pwn3d Palps or if the Sith Lord merely allowed Windu temporary advantage as he forsaw his opportunity to close the deal with Anakin.

The book, however, does indeed give the victory to Mace. Apparently, he developed his own brand of The Force which is close to a Dark Side style. By allowing the Dark Side to flow through him he was able to turn Sidious' power back on him.

The ROTS novel is well done. The author takes quite a few liberties and provides some snappy lines and insight that the movie sadly lacked. I am sorry to report that the ROTS follow up novel "Dark Lord- The Rise of Darth Vader" is pretty much meh.

Botttom line- Palpatine worked his way up in the senate, amassed the biggest military force in the history of the universe, destroyed the Jedi and became Emperor of the galaxy. That's what pwning is all about.