Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Terrel Owens Suspended indef (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372412)

pokerdirty 11-07-2005 05:55 PM

Re: Terrel Owens Suspended indef

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well apparently the Eagles are suspending him for 4 games and then Keyshawning him for the rest of the season. So he is done with the Eagles now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a ton of respect for the Philadelphia Eagles. That is all.

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were an Eagles fan, I might feel this way now. Come January, it might be a different story when they are playing golf in the Virgin Islands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I can't speak for all Eagles fans, but I'm relieved that he's gone. We're probably going to miss the playoffs this year, but I'm alright with that as long as I see a solid effort every week like was put forth last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you shitting me? You would rather see your team go out an put a good effort and lose, rather than see your team win? Americans are becoming pussies or something...

Soul Daddy 11-07-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you shitting me? You would rather see your team go out an put a good effort and lose, rather than see your team win? Americans are becoming pussies or something...

[/ QUOTE ]
But they were hardly unbeatable when Owens was playing.

pokerdirty 11-07-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But they were hardly unbeatable when Owens was playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but if i'm going to spend a shitload of money to go see a game, i want to see the best team available on the field, i don't care if it is a cry baby. he's your STAR.

11-07-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well apparently the Eagles are suspending him for 4 games and then Keyshawning him for the rest of the season. So he is done with the Eagles now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were an Eagles fan, I might feel this way now. Come January, it might be a different story when they are playing golf in the Virgin Islands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I can't speak for all Eagles fans, but I'm relieved that he's gone. We're probably going to miss the playoffs this year, but I'm alright with that as long as I see a solid effort every week like was put forth last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

i could not disagree more. now we can get back to having crappy WR's and mcnabb can continue choking in big games (see last night for example #1).

Homer 11-07-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, no. I've always been a pussy. And a homosexual.

We're not heading to the SB this year, TO or no TO. Therefore, I'll take the team we have now. I'd rather go 8-8/9-7 without TO, with the team playing together and some of the other receivers such as Reggie Brown getting more playing time, than go 10-6 with TO and slide into a WC.

pokerdirty 11-07-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not heading to the SB this year, TO or no TO. Therefore, I'll take the team we have now. I'd rather go 8-8/9-7 without TO, with the team playing together and some of the other receivers such as Reggie Brown getting more playing time, than go 10-6 with TO and slide into a WC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

Homer 11-07-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i could not disagree more. now we can get back to having crappy WR's and mcnabb can continue choking in big games (see last night for example #1).

[/ QUOTE ]

McNabb certainly has choked at times, but not last night. There's a lot more going wrong with the Eagles than him. Also, the WR's are not great, but certainly not crappy. The running game is the big problem.

Homer 11-07-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you didn't call me a pussy in that one. Well done.

pokerdirty 11-07-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you didn't call me a pussy in that one. Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think it's amazing that someone would rather have a good season than a playoff season. especially when that team has made the past 4 NFC Championship games, and is coming off a super bowl loss last year. But whatever makes you happy.

EDIT - Could you imagine how bad yankee fans on here would have gotten flamed if they had said the would have been happy with a 90 win season after the start they had?

Eurotrash 11-07-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm still holding out hope for the wildest of wild card spots.