Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   If Seahawks lose tonight,.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391939)

12-05-2005 11:59 PM

Re: boo-urns

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mini bet on the over here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have multiplied my bet x100 as soon as I saw Fezz liked the under (when it was 17.5, though).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sort of play you laugh about later when Fezz says pre-game "No play at +3.5, 1 unit at +4"

DougOzzzz 12-06-2005 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mini bet on the over here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have multiplied my bet x100 as soon as I saw Fezz liked the under (when it was 17.5, though).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sort of play you laugh about later when Fezz says pre-game "No play at +3.5, 1 unit at +4"

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the 4 middled this game. As well as a total of 40-41. I think those are safely out of reach.

kdog 12-06-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After the day he had yesterday I hope nobody lets him loose near any bridges or tall buildings. 2-10 (-16 weights). [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

DougOzzzz 12-06-2005 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After the day he had yesterday I hope nobody lets him loose near any bridges or tall buildings. 2-10 (-16 weights). [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

youre telling me? I had 6 of those (all losers). Only 2 of them did I get from him (and I would have been on Ov 37 regardless of whether or not he released it).

12-06-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

youre telling me? I had 6 of those (all losers). Only 2 of them did I get from him (and I would have been on Ov 37 regardless of whether or not he released it).

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing I haven't liked about Fezzik is his cocksurety 5-6 weeks ago that all would turn around for dog players and that (paraphrasing) "all those idiots predominantly betting faves will get destroyed from here on out". I mean, you're talking about football teams not wagers. Good teams probably couldn't give a f*ck what the line is in any given week so hence they won't perceive themselves as favorites. So much naivete from a guy who is so sure of his prognistication.

Around mid-October, I too thought a correction could come but never for a minute doubted the strength of playing any winning side, dog or fave, going forward from that point. I also never condescended to so-called "squares" the way this guy does and really didn't know the term until a couple months ago nor think it important. A winner is a winner, period, it doesn't matter a bit how you get there. I applaud all the people having great years and think anyone with so little humility as Fezzik deserves the humble pie they're feeding him.

MCS 12-06-2005 12:49 AM

Re: If Seahawks lose tonight,....

[ QUOTE ]
Like the Eagles +4 much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, told you.

DougOzzzz 12-06-2005 12:56 AM

I haven't been checking the forum regularly at fezz's site until recently. He does come across as super arrogant, though. The forum has obviously gotten out of hand - and I think neither Fezz nor his detractors are right in this case. There's very little middle ground over there.

I applaud anyone who has won in the NFL this year too - however, I would be more inclined to follow someone who won BEFORE this year who is having a losing season (this includes you), than someone who was a loser before this year and a winner this year.

Someone who won consistently in previous years AND has won this year - well, that would be the best, if such a person exists.

12-06-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been checking the forum regularly at fezz's site until recently. He does come across as super arrogant, though. The forum has obviously gotten out of hand - and I think neither Fezz nor his detractors are right in this case. There's very little middle ground over there.

I applaud anyone who has won in the NFL this year too - however, I would be more inclined to follow someone who won BEFORE this year who is having a losing season (this includes you), than someone who was a loser before this year and a winner this year.

Someone who won consistently in previous years AND has won this year - well, that would be the best, if such a person exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the monitor site where I put in my picks, bigguy.com, I noticed the top NFL players this season are nearly all previous losers in the sport.

Also, I think it would be interesting to do something like rolling 30 week averages of different players' performance. Ideally what you want in a good handicapper is someone who wins most often and over many weeks in different seasons. This can better show an ability to adapt and change.

12-06-2005 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles have to score a couple times, dont they?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no they don't. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

12-06-2005 09:47 AM

I hope I don't sound like I am laughing at the misfortune of others, but this was a great thread.