Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Apparently I can't dress myself (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400998)

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:41 PM

Re: Apparently I can\'t dress myself

[ QUOTE ]
tpf,

I guess not, but he has to know SOMEONE who has a little idea of style. Who doesn't?

I used to hate old navy too, but it's cheap and they have some decent clothes sometimes. They do have a lot of queer items, but what place doesn't? I just bought this coat and I like it.

I also just bought these shoes if anyone cares. This post just has me in the mood to hear comments on my choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rate the coat a 6. The shoes get a 3. I think I need to start a new thread just for this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

dblgutshot 12-20-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isn't ax kinda gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I dress metro a lot when I go out. I also wear completely slob clothes around the house and to the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

AX isn't 'gay' but it is pretty low-quality clothes.

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't ax kinda gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it is a bit uber-clubby for my taste. Interesting fact, AX is owned in part by Giorgio Armani, but Giorgio only has final approval on the clothing designs. So when you shop at AX, you are not really wearing Armani.

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nordstrom's men's sale is after xmas, early January maybe.

Get one fashionable jeans buttondown shirt and one pair of ecco shoes, brown or black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ecco shoes are a license, they are not actually designed by Marc Ecco - hence they aren't really that cool. Marc actually has some nice designs for some his lines (even his ultra-urban lines), why he lets a licensee [censored] it all up for him is beyond me.

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah let me clarify I have no idea what clothes cost so if the $500 thing in unrealistic just let me know

[/ QUOTE ] I'm way late to this thread, but it is. I spend $500 on one outfit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understand why you post this stuff. What was the point of this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he asked if $500 was resonable to get his fashion up to date. I was pointing out it's not as that is one good outfit, easily.

Makes perfect sense to me, don't know what you don't understand about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably has something to do with your track record of waving your financial dick around.

off topic, do you have a 156 IQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

$500 is average for a significant outfit Sublime. I think Nick is on track there, its not boasting... its honest.

sublime 12-20-2005 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah let me clarify I have no idea what clothes cost so if the $500 thing in unrealistic just let me know

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he asked if $500 was resonable to get his fashion up to date. I was pointing out it's not as that is one good outfit, easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably has something to do with your track record of waving your financial dick around.

[/ QUOTE ]

$500 is average for a significant outfit Sublime. I think Nick is on track there, its not boasting... its honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

ohh, i have no idea about that. i was more answering his question as to why evan made a remark about his post.

[censored] 12-20-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girls don't like grey shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some calaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps girls don't like gray shirts on Blarg, but generally I don't think girls care about a color as long as it matches the complexion of the person wearing it. For example I have two pink shirts, they would look very bad on Tony Paladino, but I look really good in them. Conversely yellow is not my color, I've tried many times but I always fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm can you eloborate on matching the color to complexion thing? Is this just something you can tell? I have brown eyes, brown hair and always thought brown looked good me even though I don't really like it as a color. I'm not pale but not really tan either, maybe a bit reddish? without being red if that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

TT?

lapoker17 12-20-2005 09:04 PM

This thread was created so [censored] could improve his wardrobe. It was not titled "things I like to wear". The advice I gave him was based on the info he included about himself, and was sometimes not consistent with personal style choices I make.

You are confusing him with all of this talk about skin tones, the cost of "outfits" (wtf) YOU like to wear and metrosexuality. These things are not relevant to him.

sublime 12-20-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some calaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps girls don't like gray shirts on Blarg, but generally I don't think girls care about a color as long as it matches the complexion of the person wearing it. For example I have two pink shirts, they would look very bad on Tony Paladino, but I look really good in them. Conversely yellow is not my color, I've tried many times but I always fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm can you eloborate on matching the color to complexion thing? Is this just something you can tell? I have brown eyes, brown hair and always thought brown looked good me even though I don't really like it as a color. I'm not pale but not really tan either, maybe a bit reddish? without being red if that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think hes around

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some collaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm can you elaborate on matching the color to complexion thing? Is this just something you can tell? I have brown eyes, brown hair and always thought brown looked good me even though I don't really like it as a color. I'm not pale but not really tan either, maybe a bit reddish? without being red if that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could, but I am color blind. I see color, but not the way that you do, and my descriptions would seem odd. Perhaps thats why I like colorful shirts from Etro, Missoni, Paul Smith, etc.

You mentioned you look good in brown but don't like the color. I was the same way with green and brown, I looked really good in those colors but I generally don't like them. I got used to it over time, I wear a lot of brown now.

siccjay 12-20-2005 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tpf,

I guess not, but he has to know SOMEONE who has a little idea of style. Who doesn't?

I used to hate old navy too, but it's cheap and they have some decent clothes sometimes. They do have a lot of queer items, but what place doesn't? I just bought this coat and I like it.

I also just bought these shoes if anyone cares. This post just has me in the mood to hear comments on my choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rate the coat a 6. The shoes get a 3. I think I need to start a new thread just for this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I was the reason you started that thread and came back to check for this. The shoes are darker in person and are much more pimptastic than a 3.

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tpf,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I was the reason you started that thread and came back to check for this. The shoes are darker in person and are much more thugtastic than a 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to work on your definition of a pimp.

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My financial dick is realtively small here. There are plenty making much more than I do. I am comfortably upper middle class, that's it. I certainly never could have afforded NYU at his age, so Evan is definitely one up on me; I'm sure he comes from more money than I did.

That said, I will answer any questions about my income / habits / anything else truthfully. I'm here to discuss things and when asked point blank what I make, I will say so. Same thing as asked when if I think $500 will cover a new wardrobe.. I said no and explained why. This isn't hard to understand.

I am definitely small potatoes compared to many others here, I don't think of myself as any better than anyone else here either. I am proud of what I have done with my life though; nothing wrong with this. And since you asked, my IQ is around 135 (which again is nothing special, especially not here).

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isn't ax kinda gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it is a bit uber-clubby for my taste. Interesting fact, AX is owned in part by Giorgio Armani, but Giorgio only has final approval on the clothing designs. So when you shop at AX, you are not really wearing Armani.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I don't shop here much, but there is some good club type clothes that still look nice that I like to buy. They are, however, usually overpriced as you pay for the pseudo-Armani name.

sublime 12-20-2005 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My financial dick is realtively small here. There are plenty making much more than I do. I am comfortably upper middle class, that's it. I certainly never could have afforded NYU at his age, so Evan is definitely one up on me; I'm sure he comes from more money than I did.

That said, I will answer any questions about my income / habits / anything else truthfully. I'm here to discuss things and when asked point blank what I make, I will say so. Same thing as asked when if I think $500 will cover a new wardrobe.. I said no and explained why. This isn't hard to understand.

I am definitely small potatoes compared to many others here, I don't think of myself as any better than anyone else here either. I am proud of what I have done with my life though; nothing wrong with this. And since you asked, my IQ is around 135 (which again is nothing special, especially not here).

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i was just explaining why Evan probably posted what he did. whether or not you do it on purpose, you come across the internet as someone who likes to brag and/or someone with a superiority issue etc. this isn't an attack on you, i am just pointing out how others may view your internet persona.

in case you were wondering, i am one of those who makes more money than you. again, only if you were wondering.

can you help me find somebody with an IQ of higer than 156?

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in case you were wondering, i am one of those who makes more money than you. again, only if you were wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already knew this, but now who comes off like the prick?

sublime 12-20-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me as usual [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

it was harmless fun though. also, my posts were not an attck on you. i was just explaining why you got the flack you did.

off topic- how is henderson? i am thinking of moving to that exact neighborhood in early 2006.

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Close, but no cigar with me. Why?

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was harmless fun though. also, my posts were not an attck on you. i was just explaining why you got the flack you did.

off topic- how is henderson? i am thinking of moving to that exact neighborhood in early 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, alright I'm done being defensive around you... let's try to keep some peace around here and not get so uptight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I move in like 2 weeks, so I have no idea yet.

sublime 12-20-2005 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Close, but no cigar with me. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

just wondering

sublime 12-20-2005 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, alright I'm done being defensive around you... let's try to keep some peace around here and not get so uptight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i need to unwind myself.

i will be asking you for a layout of the town in a few weeks if thats ok with you. maybe we can get together and burn one dollar bills in front of crackheads for fun if you need a little pep in your life.

Blarg 12-20-2005 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just go on your dates looking like a scrub. you want the girl to love you for the man you are inside, not your watch. find the one who will see through your pee-stained jeans and torn filthy t-shirt to the pearl beneath. that is how you find your true love.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the idea he wanted to date, not find his true love.

Blarg 12-20-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Making half your shirts gray ones is a bad idea no matter how much you think girls dig the dull look.

siccjay 12-20-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tpf,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I was the reason you started that thread and came back to check for this. The shoes are darker in person and are much more thugtastic than a 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you work on your definition of thug. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

There is nothing thugish about those shoes.

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tpf,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you work on your definition of thug. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

There is nothing thugish about those shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

They belong on Juvinile's feet, not yours.

siccjay 12-20-2005 10:45 PM

HA! (pun intended)

They are low top man. They aren't huge Tims with a big tongue sticking out.

BottlesOf 12-20-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isn't ax kinda gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I dress metro a lot when I go out. I also wear completely slob clothes around the house and to the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

AX isn't 'gay' but it is pretty low-quality clothes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's chachy meets Eurotrashy.

rory 12-20-2005 11:36 PM

love me love my snot covered overcoat

runner4life7 12-20-2005 11:41 PM

wow a lot of replies. I read the first 50. Banana Republic has a big winter sale right now so i would go online and go to the sale part and see if you like anything there. Like others have said express is nice as well. You would probably be fine with just those two, but if you want more choices department stores have more brands that can be good such as Ben Sherman, Penguin, Fred Perry, and 7 Diamonds. Good luck and post pics of what you get.

shant 12-20-2005 11:50 PM

This thread is tl;dr, but has anyone mentioned Urban Oufitters? I know everyone hates it straight out before even considering it, but they do have some good stuff hidden among the annoying crap.

A couple great brands:

Modern Amusement
Penguin

A lot of good stuff hits their sale section and can be very affordable.

runner4life7 12-21-2005 12:01 AM

you said you liked brown, i have found brown to be an under-rated color and I think you should stick with that for fall and winter times. I am 5'10" brown hair and brown eyes and similar skin not tan not pale and i think brown has worked well.

i also like any darker colors for winter such as this sweater i just ordered from banana http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...1&cid=5480

TheMetetron 12-21-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i need to unwind myself.

i will be asking you for a layout of the town in a few weeks if thats ok with you. maybe we can get together and burn one dollar bills in front of crackheads for fun if you need a little pep in your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Works for me... burning dollar bills is fun.

I've got a good idea of the layout of the place, but I'll be bugging bugstud once he gets back for the real dirt.

Evan 12-21-2005 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly never could have afforded NYU at his age, so Evan is definitely one up on me

[/ QUOTE ]
It all depends on how you look at it dude. I decided that I couldn't afford not to go to NYU. But if you're talking about pure dollars in the short term, I'm going to have over $100k of debt when I graduate.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he comes from more money than I did

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?