Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What's your least favorite city in America? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379035)

banditbdl 11-16-2005 03:42 PM

Re: Spokane?

I remember feeling like I was trapped in a giant stip mall that never ends when I was in Spokane.

Go_Blue88 11-16-2005 03:44 PM

Re: What\'s your least favorite city in America?

Lake Forest, Illinois.

This is full of the snobbiest people that I've ever met. The kids drive BMW's and Porches; it's like Laguna Beach except colder.

11-16-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the specific beef with Seattle?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the downtown area, it feels so dirty/dark/dank/just generally not good. I just hate it for being a cut-rate Vancouver really. Everything about Seattle is sort of Vancouver-lite, and I hate that everyone says "oh it's just like Vancouver!" when it's really awful. Personal reasons as well, I hate all the people I've ever had to work with there, etc, etc.

Good point about Spokane, I haven't been there in a long time, I forgot what a real piece of [censored] it is.

Wes ManTooth 11-16-2005 04:36 PM

in the bigger cities there are at least some decent parts to live in...

Cities like,
Camden, NJ
Homer, AK
Jackson, MS

are all horrible

11-16-2005 04:51 PM

The only time I've ever just been nervous because of my surroundings all the way through a stay was in Gary, Indiana. Ugly, ugly town.

Gary (irony...)

The Don 11-16-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't know how anybody could say DC with a straight face. As mentioned by a previous poster, it just has too much fine culture to rank anywhere in the bottom. I am not making any defense for its people, crime rate, or general cleanliness, but I do think that the museums and monuments make up for a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

DC sucks because...

1) It is the center of government coercion.
2) It is filled with scumbag politicians.
3) There is no culture in Southern MD/Northern VA except American (BASEBALL! HOT DOGS!) culture... which sucks.
4) Actually there is a ton of 'urban' culture ("wiggers" perhaps... I don't have a problem with this except they are trying too hard to convey an image... much like politicians).
5) Tons of crime and overall destitution.

daryn 11-16-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only time I've ever just been nervous because of my surroundings all the way through a stay was in Gary, Indiana. Ugly, ugly town.

Gary (irony...)

[/ QUOTE ]

there's nothing ironic about you saying that gary indiana is an ugly town, even though your name is gary.

SomethingClever 11-16-2005 05:24 PM

This time of year... Corvallis, OR.

11-16-2005 05:26 PM

Well, it wasn't profound or anything, but there has to be some small irony in that of all the people who could tell you Gary is a hellhole, it was the one named Gary who thought to mention it.

Gary

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Gary (irony...)

[/ QUOTE ]

there's nothing ironic about you saying that gary indiana is an ugly town, even though your name is gary.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn 11-16-2005 05:38 PM

no, there's no irony in that at all.

11-16-2005 05:42 PM

ok, you win.

G

JihadOnTheRiver 11-16-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) There is no culture in Southern MD/Northern VA except American (BASEBALL! HOT DOGS!) culture... which sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

go [censored] yourself

ChipWrecked 11-16-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets see I like

I like San Fran, Have allways liked Phoenix, I like Cheyenne, Pittsburgh cause it is home also Enjoyed San Antonio. Denver has some Pluses. Albuquerque how ever the [censored] u spell it

Cant stand LA, Yuma San Diego St. Louis is a pit

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone that lists San Diego here needs to have their head checked

[/ QUOTE ]

Y I personally think cali as a whole sucks ass

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lived in Cali for five years, so I think I can FYP a bit what you really meant:

cali is awesome. Californians suck ass.

Your mileage may vary.

11-16-2005 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man...too many good ones

1. Peoria, IL
2. Gary, IN
3. Detroit, MI
4. East St. Louis, IL
5. Philadelphia, PA

(I'm obviously Midwest based)

[/ QUOTE ]

This place sucks, but it had the best strip club I've ever been to. It used to be called Diamond Cabaret, but I think it is Penthouse something or other now. My friend in St. Louis said it is still just as great.

Reef 11-16-2005 11:43 PM

Re: Spokane?

[ QUOTE ]
I remember feeling like I was trapped in a giant stip mall that never ends when I was in Spokane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to Spokompton

11-17-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hoboken

[/ QUOTE ]

since it got gentrified in the last 3 years, its not as bad

[/ QUOTE ]

That's EXACTLY why Hoboken sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoboken sucks b/c it is in NJ.

d10 11-17-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't know how anybody could say DC with a straight face. As mentioned by a previous poster, it just has too much fine culture to rank anywhere in the bottom. I am not making any defense for its people, crime rate, or general cleanliness, but I do think that the museums and monuments make up for a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

DC sucks because...

1) It is the center of government coercion.
2) It is filled with scumbag politicians.
4) Actually there is a ton of 'urban' culture ("wiggers" perhaps... I don't have a problem with this except they are trying too hard to convey an image... much like politicians).
5) Tons of crime and overall destitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Southern MD and NoVA is not a part of DC. Also, I'm not sure how you can be talking about the culture of the city when you live in Baltimore. Any monument in DC >>>>>>>>> The world's largest trash can.

11-17-2005 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This time of year... Corvallis, OR.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason you should ever visit Corvallis OR is if your going to party with kids from OSU or go cow tipping. Therefore this time is the best time to visit while school is still in session.

dibbs 11-17-2005 06:45 AM

I've spent under a week at both of these places but Detroit and Philly are my top two.

dibbs 11-17-2005 06:49 AM

Lawrence is real bad. Lynn too. Only been to Waltham a few times at rich kids houses so dont have that bad an impression of it, know its got its sht though.

lautzutao 11-17-2005 07:09 AM

You've obviously never benn to SanFransisco

DeathbySuckout 11-17-2005 12:29 PM

To all of you hatin' on Philly,

YO! [censored] YOUS GUYS!

If you don't like our [censored] city, don't come back! Problem solved! (even if most of the reasons givin were spot on)

Cheesesteaks: Anybody that says there is a better cheesesteak than at Gino's, Pat's or Jim's on South St., you're talking out your ass, and you lose all credibility.

Couple things going for Philly:

Rita's water ice - If you guys only knew
Ben Franklin Pretzel Factory in Kensington - Just don't go there until the sun comes up
Flyers - enough said

And my least favorite American Cities:

1 - Canada (or is that a state?)
2 - Trenton, because I have to work there everyday, and because it's in NJ

MonkeeMan 11-17-2005 12:34 PM

Don't forget hoagies, butterscotch krimpets and fried pork roll and cheese sandwichs.