Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! * (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352402)

IndieMatty 10-07-2005 04:28 PM

Re: In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! *

[ QUOTE ]
Dammit, TODAY of all days I have conference calls all morning and won't have lunch 'til 2. Hopefully I still get the HOOK-UP!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I extended West Coast reporting till 5:00, I'm within my budget for this I think. So you have a chance.

Just to note:

If I missed you somehow in this thread. Throw me a PM.
If I said to PM me, PM with SN and $$$.

I'm out. Payment will be processed this weekend.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BottlesOf 10-07-2005 04:31 PM

No.

IndieMatty 10-07-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I am not paying for a gingerale.

$3.00.

10-07-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Lunch:

Shrimp Parmigiana Hero from GrottoNYC on New St. in Downtown Manhattan. 20oz Diet Coke. One Parliament.

$8.90

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF happened to Zone chefs, dude?? Shrimp Parm hero pwns all other italian parm heros IMO

BottlesOf 10-07-2005 04:52 PM

Huzzah!

http://www.williamsanderson.net/ebfarnum.jpg

The Yugoslavian 10-07-2005 04:52 PM

I went with 3 friends at work to Arriba Baja Grill.

I ate marinated Mahi Mahi in crispy flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese and tomato. I had black beans and mexican rice on the side, ice water with lemon to drink. The salsas that I used were fire roasted medium salsa and guacamole salsa in a 1 to 2 ratio.

While eating no less than 7 honeys walked by.

3 blondes, one with big fake breasts and a bit of an OC sneer to her, one very fit, thin blonde wearing a cute skirt and quite tan and the other with very nice breasts that could be real, a pleasant smile and nice, tight fitting jeans.

1 redhead and 1 brunette passed by, both tall with a thin, corporate look about them but finely featured faces.

Lastly an asian chick walked by who was very fashionable (white thin sweater exposing her neck perfectly, and 3/4 pants or whatever with some sort of ankle bracelet, and had the cutest face of all 7 women and was in an easily viewable line for our viewing pleasure....

I give the overall lunch experience an 8/10 (we had to park in a spot that wasn't ideal - otherwise 8.5 easy). I am more than ready for the rest of my work day.

$5.87

Yugoslav

PITTM 10-07-2005 05:37 PM

I just got back from taqueria santa cruz:

2 carnitas soft tacos $3.19
plate of rice and beans $2.89
corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

rohjoh 10-07-2005 05:43 PM

Ended up going with Yugo's recomendation on the beer.

I had the following:

Jerk Chicken with Shrimp Stack - jamaican spiced grilled chicken breast with fresh mango, zucchini salsa and shrimp enchilada with jack cheese, sweet corn, pasilla peppers, tomatillo and red chile sauce.
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale x 2, which is a dark brown nutty beer with a slight hazelnut taste to it, quite good.

I bought my buddies lunch, so I am giong to include what he had:

Cuban Roast Pork Dip - tomatoes, pepper jack, dijon on french bread grilled with bbq au jus
Blue Moon Belgian White x 2 with an orange slice in them, to which he was heckled by two girls at the bar for having fruit in his beer.

$68 including tip.

rohjoh 10-07-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I ate marinated Mahi Mahi in crispy flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese and tomato. I had black beans and mexican rice on the side, ice water with lemon to drink. The salsas that I used were fire roasted medium salsa and guacamole salsa in a 1 to 2 ratio.

3 blondes, one with big fake breasts and a bit of an OC sneer to her, one very fit, thin blonde wearing a cute skirt and quite tan and the other with very nice breasts that could be real, a pleasant smile and nice, tight fitting jeans.

1 redhead and 1 brunette passed by, both tall with a thin, corporate look about them but finely featured faces.

Lastly an asian chick walked by who was very fashionable (white thin sweater exposing her neck perfectly, and 3/4 pants or whatever with some sort of ankle bracelet, and had the cutest face of all 7 women and was in an easily viewable line for our viewing pleasure....

I give the overall lunch experience an 8/10 (we had to park in a spot that wasn't ideal - otherwise 8.5 easy). I am more than ready for the rest of my work day.

$5.87

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Were is this? I may have to try it next Friday.

SackUp 10-07-2005 05:50 PM

My lunch was delicious, though I made it myself.

Baby back ribs that are smothered in sweet baby rays bbq sauce, tater tots, a garden salad with lots of veggies (tomato, cucumber, carrots, mushrooms) and bleu cheese dressing. And Gordon Biersch Pilsner to drink.

nolanfan34 10-07-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going to a Eurasian Bistro with the Mrs to talk with a mortgage lender. Report coming soon, should be some good options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you to understand in the very depths of your soul that your wife is hot.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, thanks. I was aware. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I missed the deadline, but will report anyway. I had the Ha Noi Beef, which is wok sauted flank steak, broccoli, carrots, green beans, and a garlic hoisin sauce. Jasmine rice on the side. Water with lemon. It was pretty good. $7.95 total.

Mrs. Nolanfan had a grilled chicken caesar salad. It looked like a good one, but I would dock her points for unoriginality.

Alas, the guy we were meeting with bought lunch, so you owe me nothing. Just wanted to report back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yes Josh, it was Andres. Very busy, but was very good.

Ulysses 10-07-2005 06:49 PM

Tostada (in a Mexican-style fried flour tortilla bowl, not a flat one) from Mexico au Parc (formerly Pepito's).

Rice, refried beans, steak, cheese, sour cream, guac, lettuce, pico, hot salsa

Corn tortilla chips w/ pico, green chili salsa

Mexican bottled Coca-cola

$7.75 + $1 tip (It was actually $7.76. I was going to tip 24 cents if that is what I got back, $1 if I got back a quarter)

The Yugoslavian 10-07-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Were is this? I may have to try it next Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the one near the Spectrum in Irvine (where I work). While I got fish tacos, don't be fooled into thinking that it is like Wahoo's....they are pretty different IMO and I like both quite a bit for different reasons. Wahoo's is typically even better for sightseeing being next to the parking lot in the Spectrum.

Here are Arriba Baja Grill locations:

http://www.arribabajagrill.com/contact.html

And their menu:
http://www.arribabajagrill.com/menu.html
(although sweet corn cake and grilled cebollita do not appear on the combo meal IRL...apparently it's just a figment of their online menu)

I agree that the Yardhouse has a pretty daunting selection, but this becomes a plus when your waitress is cute and you are a loquacious fellow. Everything I've ever eaten there has ranged from solid to very solid so yeah, I like it, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Possibly my favorite lunch place is Pei Wei though, I think I'm simply addicted, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

PITTM 10-07-2005 09:22 PM

no grade for me? i think i made the westcoast deadline did i not?

rj

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The standard Friday lunch at DQ (the owners are very good friends of mine)

Deluxe Double Cheeseburger
Fries (I received a large serving at no extra cost today)
Pepsi
Chocolate Sundae

$7.00 cdn

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, i didn't want to bump this thread, but I missed a ton.

Awesome lunch. $4 US

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wendy's double with cheese, extra onions. No fries, no drink. $3.91. It was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

$3.00 Get the value meal next time. Good job on the extra onions.

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

$5.87

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Great report. $5

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going to a Eurasian Bistro with the Mrs to talk with a mortgage lender. Report coming soon, should be some good options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you to understand in the very depths of your soul that your wife is hot.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, thanks. I was aware. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I missed the deadline, but will report anyway. I had the Ha Noi Beef, which is wok sauted flank steak, broccoli, carrots, green beans, and a garlic hoisin sauce. Jasmine rice on the side. Water with lemon. It was pretty good. $7.95 total.

Mrs. Nolanfan had a grilled chicken caesar salad. It looked like a good one, but I would dock her points for unoriginality.

Alas, the guy we were meeting with bought lunch, so you owe me nothing. Just wanted to report back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yes Josh, it was Andres. Very busy, but was very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound great; Full Price!

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tostada (in a Mexican-style fried flour tortilla bowl, not a flat one) from Mexico au Parc (formerly Pepito's).

Rice, refried beans, steak, cheese, sour cream, guac, lettuce, pico, hot salsa

Corn tortilla chips w/ pico, green chili salsa

Mexican bottled Coca-cola

$7.75 + $1 tip (It was actually $7.76. I was going to tip 24 cents if that is what I got back, $1 if I got back a quarter)

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect lunch. Full purchase price.

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I got your bronson, and one carnita, $3.75

Evan 10-08-2005 01:45 PM

As long as this thread has been bumped, I just ordered lunch for today from Silver Spurs:

Hamburger (medium rare) w/ fresh mozzerella cheese and bacon. Side of sweet potato fries. No drink, just water from my fridge because I'm trying to counterbalance my heart attack burger with something healthier.

Total cost: $11.50 (I'll come right out and say I think this meal is overpriced, although the burger is big)

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bucky's Burger Barn Friday Lunch Special

Prime Rib, baked potato and corn - $8.50

delicious

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesnt sound like lunch. $0.00

Evan 10-08-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt, I hate to impose, but I feel like I have to. As someone who ate an average of 3 meals/week at Taqueria Santa Cruz this summer, I'm confident you should compensate PITTM for the full price of his meal. The food is great and the portions are very large.

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as this thread has been bumped, I just ordered lunch for today from Silver Spurs:

Hamburger (medium rare) w/ fresh mozzerella cheese and bacon. Side of sweet potato fries. No drink, just water from my fridge because I'm trying to counterbalance my heart attack burger with something healthier.

Total cost: $11.50 (I'll come right out and say I think this meal is overpriced, although the burger is big)

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way you were the one of two maybe to PM me with screename AND price. I'm sitting here hungover writing stupid 2+2 names and dollar amounts on some Fordham Alumni [censored].

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt, I hate to impose, but I feel like I have to. As someone who ate an average of 3 meals/week at Taqueria Santa Cruz this summer, I'm confident you should compensate PITTM for the full price of his meal. The food is great and the portions are very large.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take this under advisement.

Evan 10-08-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting here hungover writing stupid 2+2 names and dollar amounts on some Fordham Alumni [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I have a couple questions because I'm confused. What is the "[censored]"? Why are you writing 2+2 names on something related to Fordham Alumni?

Whatever, I'm glad to hear at least two of us could follow your simple instructions.

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting here hungover writing stupid 2+2 names and dollar amounts on some Fordham Alumni [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I have a couple questions because I'm confused. What is the "[censored]"? Why are you writing 2+2 names on something related to Fordham Alumni?

Whatever, I'm glad to hear at least two of us could follow your simple instructions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, I just cursed. I'm writing names down, because I need to go back and find out how much I said I'd give, then i have to go back to their PM and Stars. Yadda yadda. I am very lazy too, I don't want anyone calling me a chissler.

Evan 10-08-2005 01:58 PM

I gotcha. Well let me say, on behalf of OOT, you're a gentleman and a scholar, Mr. IndieMatty.

mslif 10-08-2005 01:59 PM

FYI
Matty is not a chissler, I got paid.
Thank you Matt, it was very generous of you.

IndieMatty 10-08-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just got back, pad thai, $6 plus tax, $6.30

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had pad thai, but hear it is excellent and I should try it.

I got $6.00 for this, because I won't support MA taxes.