Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official 2+2 Atlantic City Trip Report Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=94298)

Gamblor 06-16-2004 09:26 AM

Re: Official 2+2 Atlantic City Trip Report Thread

For now on I am only eating food in bar form.

Hello, hospital?

RollaJ 06-16-2004 10:29 AM

1)Next time we do this can we have a little more lead time, Id love to have been there
2)With enough time I could most likely get a private tourney set up (almost like an "Not an officially sponsered2+2arge" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
3)Amazing how I dont think Ive played with any of you, where do you all play?? (aside from a little 3-6 with joe tall, and 10 minutes of whatever it was with Homer)

Tyler Durden 06-16-2004 02:00 PM

I'd like to point out that I'm doing the Shocker in that pic.

Lazymeatball 06-16-2004 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to point out that I'm doing the Shocker in that pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duly noted.
2 in the...

MrDannimal 06-16-2004 02:27 PM

Man, I haven't heard it called that since college. I was thinking about "East side" and gangs until you pointed that out. Sweet.

JoeU 06-16-2004 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With enough time I could most likely get a private tourney set up

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have been great! Maybe half omaha - half crazy fox?

Too bad we missed you. I'm sure this was not the last trip we'll all take.

Joe

JoeU 06-16-2004 06:40 PM

Great picture!

But where are the pics of the individual tables from dinner?

Joe

morgant 06-16-2004 07:21 PM

morgant\'s experience

a little late on my trip recap. but it twas a grand ole affair. great finally puting faces to screenames. MG, i am a lefty as well, and pointed it out during the room game, remember that JTG wears his watch on the wrong hand for a lefty(god created a few perfect people, the other's were righty). friday night, i attempted to get in touch with JTG and Doc. Savage to no avail. I finally broke down and paged Dr. Savage to the front...hahah, after the fact i realized it could have sounded like an almost legit name. Within in seconds, 2+2ers were popping out of the woodwork, i met, Doc, Bottles, Cracker Zack...to name a few. Morgant went his own way and played an all night session of baby NL till 8am.

At this point i needed a hotel that would allow me to check in now and stay till sunday, the flamingo(i think) it was, what a classy joint. I arrived back at the borgata around 6pm and jumped in a 10/20 game, unbeknownst to me, I was sitting directly across from Angel fish, after barry walked by and exchanged a little more than pleasantries with her, I assumed they were 'an item'. I went off to dinner with the 20+ gang and was introduced to the whole lot. Quite a crew and a pleasure to meet and hang out with. After our failed attempt at the roulette wheel, i entered and 20/40 game that was already occupied by the infamous Joe Tall. I got smacked with the deck, and boards to match, so it turned out to be a grand little session for me. Table broke and i played some baby nl again. My play in this game is ummmmm, how do i say it, LOOSE/AGGRESSIVE. I got lucky and was able to double up on my first table before i head over to play with a drunk life philosophizing cracker zack and his wingman Scrub. Scrub almost got me removed from the game for coming over with way over the maximum buy-in.....No hard feelings scrub, i understand your nervousness when we are even-stacked, so it was a smart play by you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I coughed up most of my double up by chasing a set into an obvious flush....Dems da breaks.

Cracker is pondering how severly his fiance is going to kick his arse for still gambling at this hour (5am???no clue) especially since she left early that night due to his lack of paying her attention. I had a brilliant idea. Zack go up to the room, get in your jammies, walk in and flush toilet, hop in the sack and it was like you were in bed with her the whole night. Zack in his state thought i came up with an idea on Einsteinian proportions. Too bad our evil plan was thwarted when his lovely girlfriend showed up in the poker room looking for blood. I calmly asked him, if he still wanted the seat he had just locked up in the 20/40 game!!! Hahahah, hope she let you have it for that...Sorry mate.

The man, the myth the legend Joe Tall came to our table at this point and said there is a certified maniac at his 20 game right now. I was there in a flash. And this table was like the psych ward from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Joe Tall obviously being the tall indian Chief. Joe was really doing some damage on this table and i took a few early pots, then began bleeding. He and I proceeded to play this table all day, he is a great guy and it was fun playing with him, when he left at 3pm he gave me a few pointers that he noticed in my game. I incorporated these into my play and picked up some bets due to them....Thanks Joe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

The 20 game was fishy and great until around 8pm when most tourists were gone and i was faced with half a table of very competent players, i bled back some of the days profits but continued to play. I finally called it a session at around 1am after playing for over 24hours straight.

Usually when i cash out i like to keep even amounts and the rest goes to black jack. For instance, if i have 2115, 115 goes to 21...etc. Well tonight is no exception, i entered the black jack game with 115 and worked myself up to 800 before i finally entered a deep slumber around 3am...Whew long azz day/days...

Can't wait for the next meeting.

-morg.

bunky9590 06-16-2004 07:58 PM

Re: Bunky\'s cheesy little report (but hella long)

I am completely sorry for missing the dinner, the home game and the lot.

I am extremely busy this time of year and had to work the 12 hour shift on Saturday. I did call Joe Tall right about the time they were sitting down for dinner and told him I'd be dwn in about an hour.

I got to the poker room at about 8:30 or so.

Sat in a 6-12 played perfect hold'em and dropped 10BB. Its all good. I didn't pay off those fish.

It was so nice to see you all again, those I have met and those I just met.

Mike Gallo. Always a pleasure so see you again. Best of luck with all your future endeavours.

Scrub. Great to see you and we need to hook up a few more times before you bolt out west.

Joe Tall. Great to see you. I'll be getting up for my first trip to foxwoods sometime this fall. Hopefully you can find some time to catch up with me then.

Zack. You are an absolute pleasure to be around (tell anyone else I said that and i'll deny it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Sorry you were in the doghouse though. Rushes in poker are good but rushes at craps ROCK!!!

Max Power. Hope you beat the living daylights out of that 20 game. Great to see you agin, albeit briefly. We'll catch up soon.

Barry. I said hello briefly on the way out when you were sitting in the 20 game wth max. Nice to put a name with a face.

JoeU. Great to meet you man! Take good care of that little one! Glad you had a great time. Sorry I couldn't hang out longer.

BottlesOf. Nice to finally meet you Chris. We've had some lock up jam up pots before and have had some good theory discussions. You better not be a stranger. Oh and quit picking on JoeTall's eating habits.
Ask Scrub what I had for dinner the first time we hooked up.!

JTG51. Jeff. great to finally meet up with my captain. Even though I major sucked at HULA. (You were nice enough not to beat me up for wasting your 4th round draft pick) Best of luck out west . I'm glad we got to meet. Go Huskies.

Mosch: Nice to see you again Kev. Always a fun guy to be around. I hope to see you when i come up to foxwoods. Take care and stay laggy.

I'm sorry I missed some of you (Morgant, Tyler, and Dr. Savage.) But work called. I had to open the shop Sunday Morning at 7am and I left the Borg at 1 AM.

Thanks to all. See you soon.

Gregg

Barry 06-16-2004 08:33 PM

Jeez, I had a hard enough time figuring how to get 1 up. Since these are 1.8 MB, I'm not sure that I can set them all up.

I'll try to work on it.