Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Is this type of move part of your game? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356750)

MegaBet 10-13-2005 07:13 PM

Re: Is this type of move part of your game?

[ QUOTE ]
I used to make those kind of plays all of the time. Until I started getting caught way too much. Now I only do it once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that "notes" feature is pretty useful [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

curtains 10-13-2005 07:24 PM

I have fear of overbets in situations like this... but in general I do such things often depending on the situation. I'd be more likely to do this against a bet of 300...450 is often the kind of bet that is saying "I like my hand and will call you, but would rather you fold".

10-13-2005 07:28 PM

i love it, i prefer miniraising though.

MegaBet 10-13-2005 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have fear of overbets in situations like this... but in general I do such things often depending on the situation. I'd be more likely to do this against a bet of 300...450 is often the kind of bet that is saying "I like my hand and will call you, but would rather you fold".

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along those exact lines.

DyessMan89 10-13-2005 07:38 PM

Any play where you make an aggressive move based on a read is a good move. So yes, these types of moves are definitley in my arsenal.

ilya 10-13-2005 07:41 PM

I will do this somewhat often with a hand that has some strong outs, even if it's only 1-4. With a hand that has no real strong outs, I make this play only rarely, usually only if I have a specific read on the villain.

durron597 10-13-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You play at higher limits than me. I would probably tend to give overbets more respect in a 109 or a 215.

DVaut1 10-13-2005 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really thought I was up against no pair here a huge (>90% of the time) against this opponent in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think you're getting called by something like AK - A10. or even some broadway combinations? I don't think you're going to get called by something like Q10 much - but I've been surprised (in the past, when I've made similar moves) how often I've gotten called by hands like AJ or KQs - even though it's not a complete disaster to get called by such hands, I still hate it.

Regardless, if you had even a semi-solid read, then I like the play.

durron597 10-13-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How often do you think you're getting called by something like AK - A10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really felt this opponent would have raised preflop with any of these hands. I've been thinking about this hand a lot recently, I think the likeliest hand he might have that might call me is 55.

durron597 10-13-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to make those kind of plays all of the time. Until I started getting caught way too much. Now I only do it once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you have to pick your spots [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]