Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A hand I really liked... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323227)

baronzeus 08-26-2005 05:10 PM

Re: A hand I really liked...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the river check screams missed hearts and that he'll bet any hand he has. bukkake ain't D-U-M and there ain't a stereo in sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he bet here unless he thinks you'll call with missed hearts? there's just no point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never bluff a busted draw when you suspect your opponent also missed, the pot is 5-7 BBs and you have zero showdown value?

[/ QUOTE ]

right but then what's the point of check-raising his bet? he'll only bet if he has no showdown value right?

just curious, excuse my noobish questions.

Entity 08-26-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the river check screams missed hearts and that he'll bet any hand he has. bukkake ain't D-U-M and there ain't a stereo in sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he bet here unless he thinks you'll call with missed hearts? there's just no point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never bluff a busted draw when you suspect your opponent also missed, the pot is 5-7 BBs and you have zero showdown value?

[/ QUOTE ]

right but then what's the point of check-raising his bet? he'll only bet if he has no showdown value right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It both discourages him from bluffing and from value betting marginal hands (like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) on the river.

Rob

sfer 08-26-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A hand like that isn't calling a river bet, and I have too much showdown value to call...

baronzeus 08-26-2005 05:12 PM

why would he value bet a pair of threes or a pair of fives, especially if he has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

baronzeus 08-26-2005 05:15 PM

sorry i think i get it now.

so you're thinking he'll try to bluff you out of the pot and you can capitalize on that?

what if he 3bets you? can you fold?

sfer 08-26-2005 05:18 PM

Results, especially for gaming_mouse

[ QUOTE ]

what if he 3bets you? can you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, empirical evidence suggests that the answer is no. He 3-bet, I called, he showed 53o the fcuker.

Turns out that the metagame me 6-betting him with the nut low back in March and him turbo-mucking bit me in the ass on this hand.

baronzeus 08-26-2005 05:21 PM

Re: Results, especially for gaming_mouse

hah. owned.

sfer 08-26-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you still in the bay area/

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. The plan is one more night of poker, probably Sunday, very likely at Bay 101.

Help me convince jason_t to play 20/40.

baronzeus 08-26-2005 05:28 PM

i will play at bay101 with you on sunday.

10/20 or 20/40 your choice,

i dont think they have 15/30 there or that would be ideal.

i'm worried that jason might get super pissed when i suck out on him after a bad call [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

TheHip41 08-26-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do we need to check the river with top pair to feel sexy? Is it because we won't get called by a worse J?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's check raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, word. Ok I get it. And knowing the other player,

we're reasonably sure he'll bet, yes?

But what about the flop? Is it because no one likely has a piece of it that we can just bet out with nothing like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, flush draw.

This isn't nothing