Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Poll -- What is Hero's error in this $33 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306810)

freemoney 08-03-2005 01:40 PM

Re: Poll -- What is Hero\'s error in this $33 hand

im not, i guess im asking a semi-related question.

curtains 08-03-2005 01:40 PM

Yeah but okay its hard to answer because the situation would be so different.

durron597 08-03-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the uncertainty that you speak of happens more often with AK than it does with Jacks

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my point is that when you whiff you can be reasonably confident that you are beaten.

[ QUOTE ]
But given the hero's stack pre-flop, it is important that he takes down a pot. Even if it's "small" (a raise to 90 followed by a call, a flop bet and a fold by his lone opponent) this pot is important. Limping would not be nearly as bad if he had a large stack already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit I am used to deeper stacks than on Party. Yea, I'm raising this in level 4 on Stars.

cleinen 08-03-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I think opening allin here is stronger than simply folding preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would push with 23BB from UTG+1??? You are only going to net 45 in chips if everyone folds.

curtains 08-03-2005 01:44 PM

relax Im just comparing that to folding preflop. I would do neither of those 2 things.

Mr_J 08-03-2005 01:45 PM

He says it's better than folding. Anyway there's bound to be some fool every now and then that feels like gambling with 88.

freemoney 08-03-2005 01:45 PM

thats why i play the 109s rather than the 215s, good aggressive players in step 5s will do things like reraise with hands like AQ and put pressure on, the 109s play a perfect mix of loose and passive where its only donks re raising with hands worse than JJ other than AK because you get called so much.

45suited 08-03-2005 01:46 PM

I always like a good debate, Durron. It seems like we never agree but yet we're both winning players.

Nothing like a discussion about playing Jacks from EP to get 50 responses in one hour! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

freemoney 08-03-2005 01:47 PM

its def not the best line but at a 30 i would assume its def +EV to push right away with JJ.

nate_king1 08-03-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To tell you the truth Jacks are just not a good hand. Their medicore 4 or 5 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read in a long time. It's the 4th best hand in poker and should be treated as such.

Hero in this hand started the hand with 690 chips! Not raising is really bad here. Think about all the pots he ends up winning by raising here. He needs chips, raising with the 4th best hand in poker sounds like a good way to get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ is actually 5th best starting hand.
AA, KK, QQ, AK, JJ...

But tell me what happened if he raises like you want him too, and their is a A or K that flops. Now what?