Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bought Some CD's Today (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302321)

MarkL444 08-01-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Bought Some CD\'s Today

[ QUOTE ]
6. Billy Corgan - The Future Embrace - The first few songs were decent, the rest is terrible. Somewhere along the line he forgot how to rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh.

i like it but im a pretty big fan of the less rocky pumpkin albums.

anyone know the status of them getting back together?

Clarkmeister 08-01-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious, you bought those? i thought you were someone we were supposed to respect...maybe in poker, but certainly NOT music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind comments like this, but you at least need to note specifically which ones suck and which ones don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

well maybe i was harsh. i dont actually OWN any of those cds, so i can't speak on behalf of those current albums, but I break the list down like this:

I'd actually listen to based off of their older albums:
Coldplay
Pearl Jam
Luda (comedic value)
Billy Corgan
Audioslave

Would never listen to ever, what possessed you to buy them?
Shaggy
Fat Joe
Sean Paul

Just dont care for:
Phish
U2

I guess my question is why...why Fat Joe? What has he ever done that was worth hearing? And shaggy and Sean Paul. Maybe I'm missing out on something. I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really don't care for either U2 or Phish there's likely to be little common ground worth finding. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

As for Fat Joe, I like that Get it Poppin song. And no, I don't care what others think of that. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Clarkmeister 08-01-2005 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6. Billy Corgan - The Future Embrace - The first few songs were decent, the rest is terrible. Somewhere along the line he forgot how to rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything Mellon Collie and before is brilliant. Everything after is mediocre at best with a couple of songs that are exceptions. IMO at least.

I saw some quotes from him about his desire to get them back together, but afaik it was all talk with little reality behind it, but I don't follow that stuff too closely.

irishpint 08-01-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious, you bought those? i thought you were someone we were supposed to respect...maybe in poker, but certainly NOT music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind comments like this, but you at least need to note specifically which ones suck and which ones don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

well maybe i was harsh. i dont actually OWN any of those cds, so i can't speak on behalf of those current albums, but I break the list down like this:

I'd actually listen to based off of their older albums:
Coldplay
Pearl Jam
Luda (comedic value)
Billy Corgan
Audioslave

Would never listen to ever, what possessed you to buy them?
Shaggy
Fat Joe
Sean Paul

Just dont care for:
Phish
U2

I guess my question is why...why Fat Joe? What has he ever done that was worth hearing? And shaggy and Sean Paul. Maybe I'm missing out on something. I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really don't care for either U2 or Phish there's likely to be little common ground worth finding. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

As for Fat Joe, I like that Get it Poppin song. And no, I don't care what others think of that. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lean back clarkmeister.

Luv2DriveTT 08-02-2005 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything Mellon Collie and before is brilliant. Everything after is mediocre at best with a couple of songs that are exceptions. IMO at least.

I saw some quotes from him about his desire to get them back together, but afaik it was all talk with little reality behind it, but I don't follow that stuff too closely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Billy, James & D'arcy were spotted drinking together this past month in NYC. James Iha lives around the corner from my office, he is in no condition to tour anymore... unless a buda belly becomes the new rock star accessory.

Other than that, Clark is right. They put a fork in it after Melloncollie

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

sfer 08-02-2005 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
James Iha lives around the corner from my office...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you worked in Soho. According to friends he has a floor of a building in the EV.