Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Moral Dilemma (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294099)

Vroomster 07-18-2005 02:54 AM

Re: Moral Dilemma

I'd choose A.
I don't go out of my way to help players, but if anyone is nice enough to offer me advice, I appreciate the thought and am willing to offer some in return. Helping him out by making him a better player will not seriously impact the number of fish in the pond (which is growing anyways).

wheelz 07-18-2005 03:22 AM

what's MTG?

i would go with B

mungpo 07-18-2005 03:44 AM

Magic The Gathering

GetThere1Time 07-18-2005 04:43 AM

Magic cards and poker

[ QUOTE ]
I vote who cares.

FWIW I know of Nick and he could do very well at the game if he learns of 2+2. He is an ex MTG player.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off the subject but I find that a lot of talented MTG players who find poker do well. I know he(Nick) and a few other guys from Team CMU magic do quite well for themselves playing poker. I don't know him personally. This is mostly hearsay. I am/was a Pitt student and Carnegie Mellon is a few blocks away from me and information travels fast in the Pittsburgh poker underground.

GetThere1Time 07-18-2005 05:08 AM

I don't think either is wrong. I opt for B because getting into a discussion with a stranger about poker strategy is a terrible and frustrating experience.

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig. --- Paul Dickson

That being said, if players make it to this site its not the end of the universe. A lot of people misuse 2+2 or lack the understanding or dedication to use this forum to improve their poker. I know this first hand.

I've been lurking for a long time. I started by reading the Mid-High forum and misinterpreting everything or not understanding it at all. I thought I could go there and learn and get involved since I play 10/20, 15/30, and 20/40 locally. Little did I know, that these games played more like a Party 2/4(The limit games in Pittsburgh are that good. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) I'd always get discouraged when my posts would be flamed or when I couldn't understand the concepts of higher limit thinking so I'd never improve and just come back every now and then to try; futily. I think there are a lot of people like this who view/post at all the 2+2 forums. Now, I'm not complaining by any means about my experiences. If at all, I like the shrewedness of a lot of 2+2. It toughens your skin and trains you into REALLY thinking before you write a post.

A little while back I'd realized that to improve my game I needed to start with the basics so I went to Small Stakes and just read every day. Eventually, I started to make a post or two. Around 150 posts I felt kind of comfy and I started playing 5/10 6 max so I started posting in HUSH and, here I am, a better card player for it all. Hopefully one day I'll be playing bigger and I'll start my posting in mid-high stakes but I don't feel I've quite graduated yet. Not even close.

I guess my point of this long-winded story about myself is that there are tons of people who won't get better even when they find 2+2. I was one of these people. I really hope I'm not still [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ALL1N 07-18-2005 05:18 AM

Re: Magic cards and poker

[ QUOTE ]
Not to get off the subject but I find that a lot of talented MTG players who find poker do well

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh MTG!! I held the record for youngest grand prix winner for a while (may or may not have been broken). Are youse all impressed!?!?!