Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   EV wise, who do you want to win WSOPME? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288713)

imported_anacardo 07-09-2005 02:36 AM

Re: EV wise, who do you want to win WSOPME?

Worst EV of all has to be Sklansky, right?

Reinvestment in capital expenditure aside.

UATrewqaz 07-09-2005 02:39 AM

Yeah, the last thing we need is the donks buying up his books in droves....

*shudder*

Prevaricator 07-09-2005 09:23 AM

Daryn

He's the only guy in it I have a piece of, so that's the most +EV. Seriously though if he won, that'd be huge for poker's popularity

Rosie5 07-09-2005 09:46 AM

Jani Sointula (Hellraiser on prima poker)

good high stakes internet player. I wanted him or spirit rock to win. I only knew this guy by his online handle until today

(online) he's to omaha what spirit is to hold em' so woulda been good for omaha and internet poker in general since u can actually watch this guy play serious games.

I still think he's a great player no matter what. Anyone who's LAG but does it smartly I really envy.

Tony.T 07-09-2005 10:18 AM

Jani is goood! I say a swedish or a scandinavian player!

"swedish young gun beats the americans in Vegas"

I can see the headlines...

Rockatansky 07-09-2005 11:43 AM

I want the winner to be someone who will convince middle America that poker isn't all that bad and that it should be legalized. I think that Moneymaker did a pretty good job of this, so I hope the winner is some guy (or girl) next door that many people can identify with.

I don't want the winner to be some young internet player. So much of the poker coverage in the media smacks of the notion that online poker sites are full of nothing but young, multi-tabling sharks that the average person has no hopes of beating. Furthermore, America isn't quite comfortable with the idea of college age (or younger) kids spending all their time playing online poker rather than studying and whatnot.

Edited to add:

Out of the choices listed, I'd certainly choose an unknown midwesterner.

Also, I don't get why people think that a minority winning the WSOP would necessarily be better than the other choices. If there is a dearth of non-white, non-Asian online poker players, I think it's due to socioeconomic factors rather than a lack of interest in the game. I'd certainly like it if a black guy won the ME, but I'd rather he be a 45 year-old guy from Des Moines rather than "Princeton-educated internet hotshot David Williams".

scott8 07-09-2005 11:45 AM

The new answer is clearly Varkonyi's wife.

MaxPower 07-09-2005 12:05 PM

Rocco Mediate. I'd like to see him win.

BaggyAnt 07-09-2005 01:48 PM

'the tiger woods of poker wins wsop' would be a nice headline to see on the dispatches

istewart 07-09-2005 04:34 PM

Affleck. I don't think it's close.