Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   King of Clutch (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276421)

AngryCola 06-20-2005 04:19 AM

Re: King of Clutch

He was the reason they won the game.
There's no questioning that.

I'm just glad the Pistons got a chance to defend their title, and did it very well. One Horry miss and they probably win the series. As a Pistons fan, I can't really ask for much more.
Although I'm sure some could.

Spurs win in game six.

nh

AngryCola 06-20-2005 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Larry Brown got out coached this game too at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just another completely silly statement made by you about basketball.
Yes, the Spurs now win the Finals.

Congrats, but I don't think you really understand why it happened.

Bulldog 06-20-2005 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bwahaha, Duncan no FGs in 9:37!!! Bwahaha. Duncan does NOT know how step up. He is the most UN clutch player ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the 26 points and 19 rebounds he got in a huge game 5 on the road not mean anything because he missed his last 3 FGAs?

He was pretty clutch in a game 5 last year too before Derek Fisher somehow trumped him.

Oh, and way to rip Horry for the one FT he missed. He should've had 22 points in 17:01 of game time instead of 21.

Sponger15SB 06-20-2005 11:47 AM

I consider Robert Horry to be the luckiest player in NBA history. Nothing more. Are we really praising a career 7ppg player? pffffttt

tbach24 06-20-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider Robert Horry to be the luckiest player in NBA history. Nothing more. Are we really praising a career 7ppg player? pffffttt

[/ QUOTE ]

He has consistently been great down the stretch in key games. The Kings would've beat the Lakers that year if it weren't for him and the Pistons would've won this series if it weren't for him.

Aytumious 06-20-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason he really can play well in clutch situations. He's hit some huge shots in his career, which are even more remarkable considering he was not any type of allstar normally.

tomahawk 06-20-2005 03:01 PM

He's the DERB of basketball!

tomahawk 06-20-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Larry Brown got out coached this game too at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just another completely silly statement made by you about basketball.
Yes, the Spurs now win the Finals.

Congrats, but I don't think you really understand why it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the Pistons couldn't set up one single play that enabled Rip to get a bucket against Parker in the last 6-7 minutes of the game. If Rip had continued punishing Parker like Billups did, AND like he had done earlier in the series whenever Bowen didn't play him, the Pistons woulda had it. Instead they gave it to him a couple of times on the wing and made him go one-on-one. NO set plays to get shots.

Also the half-ass trap in the corner by Wallace on the inboundspass that allowed a scorching hot player an open shot really should have been adviced against.

Horry was amazing and very lucky, but I think the Pistons were out-coached none the less.

Phoenix1010 06-20-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, the Pistons couldn't set up one single play that enabled Rip to get a bucket against Parker in the last 6-7 minutes of the game. If Rip had continued punishing Parker like Billups did, AND like he had done earlier in the series whenever Bowen didn't play him, the Pistons woulda had it. Instead they gave it to him a couple of times on the wing and made him go one-on-one. NO set plays to get shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS. I clearly remember Rip coming off a screen and missing a wide open shot late in the game. It was the kind of play they run for him all the time, and the kind of shot he makes 5000 times a year, he just missed it. He also tried taking Parker one on one a few times and he just wasn't quick enough to score against the help defense, like on the last play of the game. He just had a bad game, Bowen or no. Chauncey was having an excellent game, and he had already showed that he could score one on one against Bowen with that drive late in regulation. Larry Brown made the right decision to keep the ball in his best player's hands, Chauncey just missed a few tough shots in the lane, and Rip missed some shots he could have made.

[ QUOTE ]
Also the half-ass trap in the corner by Wallace on the inboundspass that allowed a scorching hot player an open shot really should have been adviced against.

[/ QUOTE ]

This play was so completely ridiculous that I don't think Larry Brown could have even thought Wallace was capable of making such a blunder. He might as well advise him to not call timeouts when the team doesn't have any left. Wallace left his brain at home, don't blame the coach.

AngryCola 06-20-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This play was so completely ridiculous that I don't think Larry Brown could have even thought Wallace was capable of making such a blunder. He might as well advise him to not call timeouts when the team doesn't have any left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.