Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   AFI's 100 greatest movie quotes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=150674)

Skjonne 11-19-2004 10:49 AM

Re: AFI\'s 100 greatest movie quotes

Well, you should know Elwwod:

[ QUOTE ]
There's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got half a pack of cigarettes, a full tank of gas, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. HIT IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

slickpoppa 11-19-2004 10:53 AM

Rushmore, at least three of those quotes that you said aren't on the list, are on the list (Rosebud, don't call me shirley, etc.) Bush league research.

slickpoppa 11-19-2004 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always liked "I want to have your abortion".

[/ QUOTE ]
That was not actually in the movie. It was the alternate line to "I haven't been [censored] like that since grade school." Damn shame.

elwoodblues 11-19-2004 11:00 AM

That would be a good one, but really only quotable by true fans. We're on a mission from god is eminently more quotable.

Even better would be:

One unused prophylactic...One soiled.

Rushmore 11-19-2004 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rushmore, at least three of those quotes that you said aren't on the list, are on the list (Rosebud, don't call me shirley, etc.) Bush league research.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean they weren't on the list. I didn't look at the list.

What I meant was that I was surpised they weren't mentioned by any of my fellow 2+2 denizens, which is a list I would always value more anyway.

So, my "research" was fine, to the extent that I had read all of the posts in the thread, which were many.

Thanks anyway.

A_C_Slater 11-19-2004 09:04 PM

"If he dies, he dies." Ivan Dargo-- Rocky IV

Jim Kuhn 11-19-2004 09:45 PM

They aren't girls Gilbert, they are WOMEN!!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Legend27 11-19-2004 10:00 PM

Most of Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail has some great quotes.

WillMagic 11-20-2004 03:25 AM

Obviously you are all forgetting the Third Man, right?

"In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, and they had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."

Other than that, my personal favorites have to be Spacey's devil line in the Usual Suspects, and of course, "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

Will

Alobar 11-20-2004 04:02 AM

Jesus, don't you people watch any good movies?

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me? Blow."

"Good.....Bad.....I'm the guy with the gun"

"Gimmie some sugar baby"

"Remember, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"

"NI!!"

"Tis but a scratch!"

"I faart in your general direction"

"It's just a rabbit....Kill the rabbit!!"

"Did you see a sign on my lawn that said dead nigger storage?" "Man jimmy, you know I aint see no sign" "you know why?? cuz I aint in the habbit of storing dead niggers!!"

"Snootchie bootchies!"

"What you need is a fat chronic blunt! Then I guaruntee you'll see the ocean, a sailboat, and maybe even some of them big tittied mermaids doing that lesbian [censored]. Look at me look at me you sloppy bitch!!!"

"This horse was a diabetic!!"

"Man, what was that [censored]?? We used to eat it all the time.....oh yeah! pussy!!"

"Man, I remember when a dime bag cost a dime. You know how much condoms cost back then?" "no" "heh, me either...we never used 'em"

"abba zabba, you my only friend!"

"back up, sit the gun down, and get me a pack of tropical fruit bubblalicious" "and some skittles!"

"heeeeeeeey yoooooouuuuu guuuuuuyyyyyyssss"

"Bay bee, ruuth"

"I see your schwartz is as big as mine"

"hey everybody, run for your lives, there's a giant [censored] cloud coming this way!!"