Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PCA DSO Hand - 5 left - Do I make the call? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370376)

Jurollo 11-02-2005 04:02 PM

Re: PCA DSO Hand - 5 left - Do I make the call?

I am just explaining that that is a possibilty here as well.
~Justin

LearnedfromTV 11-02-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5 handed, I will likely push small PPs with a shortish stack as I still have folding equity and even if I am called I am generally not in terrible shape, AK-AJ, KQ, etc, etc. I am obviously dominated by bigger pairs but many of the responses in this thread illustrate why I would play it this way, people are saying their calling ranges are AA-JJ and AK-AQ, I am very likely to not get called. I open up my table image in the process as well and take some blinds.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what you would do, not necessarily what Lloyd thought this UTG would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, there is a difference between Lloyd's calling range and the big stack's calling ranges. Lloyd doesn't really want a coin flip; either of the big stacks can afford one. UTG has to take that into account too before he pushes 22.

Also 1100 with 50/100 level just started is shortish but not that short - UTG has time.

I said QQ-88, AK-AQ earlier, mainly because those are the hands that are strong enough to not mind a call but weak enough to not want to see a flop out of position/let a big stack see a flop in position. Clearly he could do this with 77-22 (the likelihood decreases with each pair though), AJ, KQs... but I think it's more likely to be a medium plus pair or a big ace.

Roman 11-02-2005 04:19 PM

that is both for balance reasons and because I feel a call with AQ is close and marginal.

John W 11-02-2005 04:19 PM

Pocket tens or better including AK.

Jurollo 11-02-2005 04:21 PM

I am probably more comfortable calling this with QTs or JTs or QJs because whenever someone makes this move I peg them on TT and below and dont want action unless it is all-in preflop. If he is a below average player post flop or is scared of the other players this becomes even more likely. Is villian a well known player on Stars? Do we think he is a successful player who is not worrying about the $650, this info could also help. I havent read this whole thread though, so correct me if they have been touched upon.
~Justin

Lloyd 11-02-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just did a huge analysis w/ manual pokerstove calculations vs. various ranges and the session fuking expired and I lost it all. Goddamn i am so pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI we've made Chuck aware of this problem. Lots of people are unhappy about it. Hopefully we'll get it fixed shortly.

SossMan 11-02-2005 04:29 PM

great.

Lloyd 11-02-2005 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(discounting 99 by 1/2)

[/ QUOTE ]

how'd you do that on Pokerstove? just make a 9 a dead card?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can select a hand like 99 and then on the lower right hand side choose half of the suit combinations.

Exitonly 11-02-2005 04:31 PM

doh, that's right.

I use that little bottom right box too. Forgot about it there.

Lloyd 11-02-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One, the OP's posting of positions/stacks is confusing. I assume 'CO' is the SB, and 'button' is the BB? Or are both blinds dead from the last hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I edited the original post.