Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Weird Situation with my Dry Cleaners (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349633)

IndieMatty 10-03-2005 05:49 PM

Re: Weird Situation with my Dry Cleaners

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me but isn't SIIHP for a 7 to 10 year old girl crossing the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is, worse is that it's not funny!

I now have my first Ignore.

Twitch1977 10-03-2005 06:03 PM

Call the department in the city that hands out business licences, the name of the owner of a business should be public domain and something they can tell you.

T

ibankonu 10-03-2005 06:03 PM

If their daughter is really that young, you could easily ask her at least the names of her parents and grandparents, if not get her name as well, without offending her at all. I mean, why not ask the little girl?

Benal 10-03-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? You actually need advice on how to ask someone what their name is? What's next, "How should I answer the phone?"

IndieMatty 10-03-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What the hell should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? You actually need advice on how to ask someone what their name is? What's next, "How should I answer the phone?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right this isn't a different or odd situation at all.

diebitter 10-03-2005 06:28 PM

Ok, nothing to do with the OP's question, but funny dry cleaner story.

I was with a medical student friend, who'd been to a fancy ball, hired a tux, got lucky and scored with some floozy in a big dress, shagged her, and got, er, stains on the trousers.

I went with him to the dry cleaners and when he laid them out in front of a shop full of customers queuing, and the assistant casually asked him what the stain was, he said in the loudest possible voice, without a hint of jokiness, shame or anything, 'IT'S JISM!'

A stunned silence followed (well, it is England), and the shop keeper scurried off, red-faced, while the rest of the people just stayed completely and utterly silent.

The Yugoslavian 10-03-2005 06:31 PM

What would you do in a similar but reversed situation?

Personally, I'd think the whole thing was pretty hilarious and a great thing to joke about in future conversations. It also makes a decent story. I'd also feel just as awkward about not offering my name in the last several years.

If anything, I think it would strengthen your relationship with the family.

Also, there definitely is a chance they are thinking the same thing. They may all sit around and wonder 'Matt doesn't know our names but we don't want to insult him by just telling him assuming he doesn't know....I mean, it's been a few years.'

Yugoslav

ddubois 10-03-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me but isn't SIIHP for a 7 to 10 year old girl crossing the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's way, way over - That's why it's funny!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ok, I still like you.

IndieMatty 10-03-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's way, way over - That's why it's funny!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ok, I still like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. I can't ignore anyone, its just not in me. And no SIIHP will never be funny.