Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Apparently I can't dress myself (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400998)

Maulik 12-20-2005 12:46 AM

Re: Apparently I can\'t dress myself

lapoker,

7 is played out.

chisness 12-20-2005 04:15 AM

censored,

check out saks for a large sale they've got going. for example, a dg batman beaded t-shirt is only $500 instead of $700!
sale site

siccjay 12-20-2005 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

6. If its for dates then pay money and get a smart haircut. (I know that you are bald in your avatar, so this point may not apply).

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54.../LOLCopter.gif

[censored] 12-20-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

6. If its for dates then pay money and get a smart haircut. (I know that you are bald in your avatar, so this point may not apply).

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54.../LOLCopter.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this reminds me. WTF people I've had two PM's in the past where the person thinks that my avatar is a picture of myself (seriously) and now this? Do you really [censored] think I have blue skin with spikes coming out of my face?

although how [censored] sweet would it be if I did and still managed to nail some myspace chick?

siccjay 12-20-2005 04:59 AM

[censored],

Do you not have any friends that actually go clubbing etc etc? I would ask one of them to help you out by going shopping with you. They may give you [censored] for a few, but I'm sure they would help and give you honest opinions.

You could also just go to Abercrombie or somewhere similar and find the hottest chick working and ask her to hook you up. Maybe you will even get laid out of the deal. A chick would enjoy doing this for you and of course you would have an actual chicks opinion on what works for you.

I would get at least 5 pairs of nice jeans which can run you anywhere from 25-80. Any more than that is just silly to me, but I have friends that pay much more than this. I don't dig the whole destroyed look but it's definitely whats in.

Don't hate on Old Navy. If you want to start buying lots of clothes this store will be your friend. They have decent [censored] for much cheaper than Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, etc etc. Oldnavy.com is cool and they have [censored] on sale all the time, I have seen stuff cheaper in the store itself a lot though. I have probably 50+ old navy polo shirts all under 20 bucks.

You probably have never done it before, but when you go out anywhere start paying attention to what people are wearing. Look for ugly dudes with hot chicks, they are doing something right.

thatpfunk 12-20-2005 05:04 AM

SJ,
Does [censored] really seem like the type of person who enjoys clubbing or is friends with people who go clubbing?

And there is nothing cool about Old Navy.

siccjay 12-20-2005 05:15 AM

tpf,

I guess not, but he has to know SOMEONE who has a little idea of style. Who doesn't?

I used to hate old navy too, but it's cheap and they have some decent clothes sometimes. They do have a lot of queer items, but what place doesn't? I just bought this coat and I like it.

I also just bought these shoes if anyone cares. This post just has me in the mood to hear comments on my choices.

einbert 12-20-2005 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think PoBoy's rebuttal was quite good, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't feel OMGLOLROFLMAOBBQ PWN1NAT3D!!!11!1!1!!!1!one!!1! at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

its because you're completely oblivious to the fact that you are the text book putz that most guys can't [censored] stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored], you are the angry, arrogant jerk that most people hate.

And yeah cashmere is good.

ScottyP431 12-20-2005 06:08 AM

Siccjay,

The jacket would be good for a brokeback mountain audtion...

Those shoes are basically lifts as well..

Overall: 3/10

thatpfunk 12-20-2005 06:28 AM

SJ,
Old Navy is just not my style I guess. I recently purchased this coat from Banana Republic. I like it and has gotten some nice compliments so far.

I guess it comes down to the fact that I don't mind spending some decent money on clothes that I know I will keep for a decent amount of time, that are comfortable, and look good.

Macdaddy Warsaw 12-20-2005 06:32 AM

Ok, I'd say go to www.aldoshoes.com and check some of those out. Go to an Aldo store if you can and try some on. I think they're hella stylish and not more expensive than normal sneakers. My "shoe closet" or whatever right now is a pair of casual Aldos, black dress up Aldos, light brown Roos, and some normal Reeboks or Nikes or something. I think that covers everything you could ever wear. Pair of sandals and flip flops too, but whatever.

On jeans, they don't have to be too stylish. After putting holes in my two favorite pairs (managed to chafe a hole in the course of a month in the crotch of one while travelling Europe and tore another hole in the crotch of another while climbing over a fence), I went to Abercrombie & Fitch and even though I pretty much despise the store, they have some nice Jeans, especially for $60. Also, the eye-candy girls working there are actually good for something and can point you to a pair of jeans depending on what kind of fit you want.

On shirts, for tees, I have [censored] tons of graphic tees in many colors. For undershirts, I have white and black bamboo shirts (the best material for clothing, ever). For dress shirts, I like the more gay/metrosexual collared stuff. My favorite dress shirts are probably from Guess? and Ralph Lauren/Polo.

For sweaters and stuff, just get something black and warm. After this I would say just layer. Don't get a big, crazy jacket unless you live somewhere really cold. I would rather wear an undershirt, tee-shirt, sweater, and light jacket instead of a t-shirt and big jacket.

Oh, and finally on jeans, get dark jeans. Light jeans are just silly. I like a little bit of fade in them, but not too much. Don't get jeans that drag on the floor. I think the perfect length has them coming just to the back of your shoe, almost on the floor when your leg is straight. Oh yeah, get comfortable jeans you don't mind wearing.

Bamboo Clothes

siccjay 12-20-2005 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Siccjay,

The jacket would be good for a brokeback mountain audtion...

Those shoes are basically lifts as well..

Overall: 3/10

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post pics of your ....

A) Grossly oversized bubble coat
B) Leather jacket with 27 too many zippers
or
C) Your dingy "Members Only" jacket.

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah let me clarify I have no idea what clothes cost so if the $500 thing in unrealistic just let me know

[/ QUOTE ] I'm way late to this thread, but it is. I spend $500 on one outfit.

dblgutshot 12-20-2005 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm way late to this thread, but it is. I spend $500 on one outfit.

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations

thatpfunk 12-20-2005 06:46 AM

SJ
didn't you know that Members Only jackets are now so uncool they're cool again?

fashonably chic,
funk

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 07:02 AM

After reading this, lapoker and (not surprisingly) TT have the best advice. Just re-read their stuff and you should be good.

Edit: FWIW, my shopping rotation includes Nordstrom, Express, Gap, Banana, and Armani Exchange. All of these places have good stuff, though Nordstrom is gold.

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not very hard with a nice pair of shoes and a blazer.

ScottyP431 12-20-2005 07:04 AM

Siccjay,

You are a moron. I'm sorry I didn't like your hideous coat or shoes.

chisness 12-20-2005 07:28 AM

isn't ax kinda gay?

siccjay 12-20-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Siccjay,

You are a moron. I'm sorry I didn't like your hideous coat or shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

ScottyP,

You are a douchebag. I am sorry it is so cold outside and you have no coat.

Bluffoon 12-20-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe all of the references to all of the over-priced metrosexual jeans (sevens, etc). Jeez.

Get some normal jeans. Brand does NOT matter. The only thing that matters is how they make your butt look. Those other jeans are for suckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

how the [censored] do I know how my butt looks? send you a picture ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No silly you try them on, walk out of the dressing room, find a cute girl and ask her for her opinion and then you work it from there.

Say something like, excuse me you look like someone who's opinion I can trust.....

12-20-2005 05:04 PM

Nordstrom's men's sale is after xmas, early january maybe.

Get one faconable jeans buttondown shirt and one pair of ecco shoes, brown or black.

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/produ...StyleID=2867756

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/produ...StyleID=2765031

or

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/produ...StyleID=2869001

CollinEstes 12-20-2005 05:13 PM

I think shoes are really important. I have had numerous girls tell me that out the first two things they look at as far as your clothing is 1. shoes, 2. watch.

I think any jeans that look fine regardless of brand is fine but you should go out and just pick up abunch of fitted dress shirts (not sure your size probably around 15, 31/32, or something. Solids or stripes doesn't really matter I would just stay away from blues because greater chance of clashing with your jeans. Then you can go with the rolled up sleeves (I don't because everyone else does) or just the cuff flip or down and open or down and button anyway it looks good, tuck or no-tuck.

Jackets can be a good investment too. Personally I just like to go to the vintage shops and find old sports coats and stuff like that to wear as jackets.

marsvolta619 12-20-2005 05:14 PM

get a pair of girl jeans

rory 12-20-2005 05:23 PM

just go on your dates looking like a scrub. you want the girl to love you for the man you are inside, not your watch. find the one who will see through your pee-stained jeans and torn filthy t-shirt to the pearl beneath. that is how you find your true love.

FatalError 12-20-2005 05:28 PM

respek

BottlesOf 12-20-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ACtually I'd say it's damn near impossible. Show me a nice pair of shoes + hot blazer for solidly <$500.

Evan 12-20-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah let me clarify I have no idea what clothes cost so if the $500 thing in unrealistic just let me know

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understand why you post this stuff. What was the point of this one?

ScottyP431 12-20-2005 06:20 PM

Siccjay,

You're response makes no sense. One doesn't need to dress like a midget gay cowboy in order to have a coat.

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do people think of these shoes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Affordable imitations of JP Todds / Gucci loafers. They aren't for everyone, but if you are the type that can rock them then they can really make the man. I recommend a tight-fit jean and no socks, Euro style to match the shoes... or alternately a very baggy pant (I wear my brown suede Gucci loafers with white baggy painters pants).

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't ax kinda gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I dress metro a lot when I go out. I also wear completely slob clothes around the house and to the store.

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ACtually I'd say it's damn near impossible. Show me a nice pair of shoes + hot blazer for solidly <$500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grr, you are arguing with me about something we agree on...

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he asked if $500 was resonable to get his fashion up to date. I was pointing out it's not as that is one good outfit, easily.

Makes perfect sense to me, don't know what you don't understand about it?

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, can you give some brand names of the shoes you are describing? I'm not to familiar with expensive shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the most basic would be Ballys, easy to find and their leather quality is the best. Other than the big designer names there are a ton of little known Italian brands that you can probably find at your local mall - Saks, Neimans, Bloomingdales, and even MACYs all have at least a small collection of good Italian shoes for men (95% of the other stuff is junk of course).

sublime 12-20-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he asked if $500 was resonable to get his fashion up to date. I was pointing out it's not as that is one good outfit, easily.

Makes perfect sense to me, don't know what you don't understand about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably has something to do with your track record of waving your financial dick around.

off topic, do you have a 156 IQ?

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girls don't like grey shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some calaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps girls don't like gray shirts on Blarg, but generally I don't think girls care about a color as long as it matches the complexion of the person wearing it. For example I have two pink shirts, they would look very bad on Tony Paladino, but I look really good in them. Conversely yellow is not my color, I've tried many times but I always fail.

sublime 12-20-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just go on your dates looking like a scrub. you want the girl to love you for the man you are inside, not your watch. find the one who will see through your pee-stained jeans and torn filthy t-shirt to the pearl beneath. that is how you find your true love.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you found true love by stalking girls you find on the red line?

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll throw down some quick ideas:

Penguin and Ben Sherman both make some nice shirts.
Clothes from The Gap are horrible quality. Unless you are really on a budget you should not buy anything there that you plan on wearing to try and get chicks or impress anyone.
Camper have some really stylish sneakers, but they can also be rather uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed Pauluka's post (I really like Penguin and Ben Sherman). While I'm at it, I'm surprised we haven't advised [censored] on getting a blazer yet. You don't need a whole suit, but a nice well fitting blazer is a minimal requirement for the stylish man.

[censored] 12-20-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girls don't like grey shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some calaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps girls don't like gray shirts on Blarg, but generally I don't think girls care about a color as long as it matches the complexion of the person wearing it. For example I have two pink shirts, they would look very bad on Tony Paladino, but I look really good in them. Conversely yellow is not my color, I've tried many times but I always fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm can you eloborate on matching the color to complexion thing? Is this just something you can tell? I have brown eyes, brown hair and always thought brown looked good me even though I don't really like it as a color. I'm not pale but not really tan either, maybe a bit reddish? without being red if that makes sense

Luv2DriveTT 12-20-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look for ugly dudes with hot chicks, they are doing something right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called personality and/or bad taste.