Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Common Items Quiz (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404902)

d10 12-25-2005 08:02 PM

Re: Common Items Quiz

[ QUOTE ]
10. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?

this question should be removed

[/ QUOTE ]

The lugnuts question should also be removed. It depends entirely on the weight/quality of the car. Cheap small cars all use 4 lugs. Higher quality cars or heavier cars use 5. Vans and trucks could use 6 or more. I guessed both 4 and 5 and was going to consider myself correct on that question no matter what the answer was because cars are split pretty evenly between 4 and 5 lugs.

xorbie 12-25-2005 08:19 PM

Missed campels, matches, lowest FM, dward, VHF, lugnut and pencil.

tshort 12-25-2005 08:27 PM

FM dial Question

[ QUOTE ]
9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?

[/ QUOTE ]

FM frequency band is from 88 to 108 mhz. Is there a standard for dials to go to 87.7? No FM radio will be broadcasted below 88 mhz, so it depends on your radio.

Duke 12-25-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The lugnuts question should also be removed. It depends entirely on the weight/quality of the car. Cheap small cars all use 4 lugs. Higher quality cars or heavier cars use 5. Vans and trucks could use 6 or more. I guessed both 4 and 5 and was going to consider myself correct on that question no matter what the answer was because cars are split pretty evenly between 4 and 5 lugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 is pretty standard, and I've never heard of 4 though I'll take your word for it that they exist somewhere.

Semis use 10. Indy cars use 1 these days.

~D

gmrankin 12-25-2005 08:48 PM

ghostface 12-25-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 is pretty standard, and I've never heard of 4 though I'll take your word for it that they exist somewhere.

Semis use 10. Indy cars use 1 these days.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

My civic has 4.

ilya 12-25-2005 09:15 PM

17, meh

I got every counter/clockwise one wrong....and no I don't live south of the equator....
I didn't know the 7th dwarf, never read it in English.
Got the top stripe on the flag wrong.
Had the FM question right, but went & changed it to a wrong answer at the last minute.

I can't believe I got the Campbell's soup one right...

I'm also proud to have gotten the UHF question, & the car lug bolt question....I don't think I've ever looked at a car wheel up close in my life...

7 seems low...I bet that's a fabricated average to make everyone who takes this feel good about themselves.

Blarg 12-25-2005 09:45 PM

Re: 17, meh

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to screw up all the clockwise/counter-clockwise stuff.

N 82 50 24 12-25-2005 10:29 PM

Re: FM dial Question

[ QUOTE ]
FM frequency band is from 88 to 108 mhz. Is there a standard for dials to go to 87.7? No FM radio will be broadcasted below 88 mhz, so it depends on your radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that's true then I should get another point. I guessed 88.

ilya 12-25-2005 10:38 PM

Re: 17, meh

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to see I wasn't the only one to screw up all the clockwise/counter-clockwise stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great minds stink alike.