Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   18 Months of poker and what i have learned (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399457)

sthief09 12-17-2005 09:21 PM

Re: if it wasn\'t for 2plus2, my children would be starving

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have also been playing poker for 18 months now, and I found it interesting to compare your progress to mine. I started out playing micro-stakes limit in the summer of '04, losing about half a grand before I decided to quit. But in the back of my mind, I knew that I had to keep playing, that I could beat this wretched game. So I deposited $5o into PP this March and played $25 NL. And I started winning. And winning. So I started moving up in stakes, where I continued to run good. I am the kind of person whose performance suffers when not challenged/stimulated enough, so when I started running bad at $400 NL I started taking shots in the bigger games. As of now I play 5-10 NL and higher, and I'm still running good.
What's funny is that my goal in March was to be a winning player at 100 NL by the end of the year. Never in my wildest dreams did I see myself playing 10-25 against Esfandiari. I would just like to say that there is no way I would be where I am at today without 2plus2. Thank you all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll set the over under at Valentine's Day, anyone want action?

[/ QUOTE ]

under

1800GAMBLER 12-17-2005 09:23 PM

Re: 18 Months of poker and what i have learned

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a reason the best/highest-stakes players on this site are usually under 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. They have more leisure time to learn the game.

2. They usually have fewer financial responsibilities, so they can commit to building their bankroll instead of paying off debts.

3. They are usually not entrenched in a job, so they can afford to take a chance by playing pro poker.

4. They often learn poker while still in school or right after finishing--they are ripe to learn from book/forum study.

[/ QUOTE ]

+ sample bias.

How this information is brought to us is a huge factor. While ggbman may have made this post had he not won at a high level most wont. We are hearing about the select few, out of a sample that we have no idea the size of.

DeadMoneyOC 12-18-2005 12:58 AM

** for you, just because your a giant vag. BTW when you smoke you look more and more like you really are 1/4th chinese. And your my hero....I cant even tell if I am being sarcastic or not. You vag

12-18-2005 02:22 AM

Very cute guys, but I run good for life, so suck it.

DeadMoneyOC 12-18-2005 02:36 AM

yeah, warm jager makes me wanna chunck hard....btw tommorrow I am posting pictures of the girls you think I should [censored] just to make you silly.

Evan 12-18-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very cute guys, but I run good for life, so suck it.

[/ QUOTE ]
edtost: i want the under on that jjackal kid
edtost: as long as there's some actual way of verifying his BUSTO-ness
Evan: there isnt, i just want to laugh when he doesnt get it

:-/

mscags 12-18-2005 04:46 AM

Another excellent post Gabe

goodguy_1 12-18-2005 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Along the way you will realise poker is a very emotional game and controlling your homelife and mind state is just as important as focusing on your game. While we see many kids shoot up stakes and win big a lot, there are tons of older people who grind out very successfully, because they live more balanced and organised lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
very nice post Jay

RaiNz 12-18-2005 11:38 AM

Great post man. Very inspiring.

4thstreetpete 12-18-2005 06:44 PM

nice post, good luck in 2006.