Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   what games do you guys play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395352)

12-11-2005 02:19 PM

Re: what games do you guys play?

[ QUOTE ]
just cleared a pokerroom bonus at 1/2 5-max on a super big upswing. Also $5 S&G's. I have cashed $1K of my bankroll out for vegas. I am looking at 2/4 & 3/6 live. Should be pretty straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to check out the Brick & Mortar forum. A while back I posted the question 3/6 online = 3/6 B&M? and the consensus was No, 3/6 online is more like 15/30 B&M if you have the bankroll. I'd be curious as to your experience. I'm planning a trip to Vegas in January.

12-15-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just cleared a pokerroom bonus at 1/2 5-max on a super big upswing. Also $5 S&G's. I have cashed $1K of my bankroll out for vegas. I am looking at 2/4 & 3/6 live. Should be pretty straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to check out the Brick & Mortar forum. A while back I posted the question 3/6 online = 3/6 B&M? and the consensus was No, 3/6 online is more like 15/30 B&M if you have the bankroll. I'd be curious as to your experience. I'm planning a trip to Vegas in January.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is true. I just have minimal experience with live games, and am a big wuss as such. Also a bit crutchy from PT/GT+. Deciding whether to get Caro's book.

shant 12-15-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty true. When I played 3/6 online I would play 9-18 to 15/30 live.

12-15-2005 06:38 PM

My first Live game was 4/8 at the commerce.

It didn't compare to ANY limit I've ever played online. I started online at .5/1 and currently play 2/4. When playing live, I found it hard to keep track of the pot, usually I just look at the number next to where it says POT: , but unfortunately live tables don't have that stat.

I didn't matter much though, the pots were so huge I almost always had proper odds. 7 to the flop, wasn't rare, even when it was 3-bet or capped.

I can't wait to go back.

12-15-2005 08:31 PM

I play mostly .5/1 on PokerRoom.com. Sometimes 1/2.

bottomset 12-15-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're almost exclusively a small stakes player, why do you hang out in the mirco forum? Curious because I've just moved up to the grey area of $1/$2 but find myself coming back to the micro forum to read more than I go to SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same boat, I been at 2/4 or higher as my main game sine mid-May, when I was learning the little bit about poker that I do know, a large portion of that came from players who posted here, but played higher. Most of those posters have moved to other forums and don't frequent micros much at all.

I figure if I can help some people in the same way its a good thing, whether or not anyone learns anything from me I'm not sure

I play 3/6 and 5/10 mainly, though 5/10 has been unfriendly so far, I do make occasional stops at 2/4 and 1/2, and still play a fair bit of .5/1 2+2games(though not as much as I did in May/June when I got killed but learned a ton)

Wetdog 12-16-2005 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure if I can help some people in the same way its a good thing, whether or not anyone learns anything from me I'm not sure

I play 3/6 and 5/10 mainly, though 5/10 has been unfriendly so far, I do make occasional stops at 2/4 and 1/2, and still play a fair bit of .5/1 2+2games(though not as much as I did in May/June when I got killed but learned a ton)

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned a lot from you, bottom, but I don't get much chance to come around much anymore. Your contributions are always appreciated.

I didn't learn much from the 2+2 lagfests except to always bluff 3 bet the turn on a scary board [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

edit: To answer the OP, I'm now playing .25/.50 and cheap R&A MTTs HE & PLO at Paradise.

milesdyson 12-16-2005 03:22 AM

i play 2/4 now mainly, and am trying to move to 3/6+ permanently. it would help if luck would be on my side and a player who bets and 3-bets 66 against my 88 on a 2275 turn after preflop gets capped 6 ways and the the flop checks through would not river a 6 against me. it would also help if when i flopped a set with TT on a TK7 board that the guy who donked AJ on an 8 turn would not river a Q. also would help if when i flopped the T high flush the big blind did not have J2 of the same suit. also maybe when i raise aces in the small blind versus the big blind that he would not flop two pair and resexy my turn sexy and i would spew and cap and bet the river. also maybe i would not river top two pair that also completes a straight draw if j00 know what i am saying that would be great. wine, glenfiddich, sam adams winter lager and guiness extra stout ladies.

bottomset 12-16-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't learn much from the 2+2 lagfests except to always bluff 3 bet the turn on a scary board .

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the occasional lagfest, but I would much rather play a serious game, and I played about 2k hands of serious 2+2games over those 2months, they happened very frequent, I must have started a dozen myself. The nicest thing was the games were full of players better than me, I lost a lot of BB's but it really improved my play. Its unfortunate that players like Entity make to much money to still be able to play .5/1 seriously(though I'm happy to see players like Entity killing games for lots of dough).

I do get the occasional I'm going to 3bet for the hell of it at the games now, but for the most part I still play Agame at the tables, hopefully I'll be able to say the same a yr from now, I'll always be partial to micros

milesdyson 12-16-2005 03:27 AM

dood you should have played the recent ssshuhuhuhush (or whatever) 0.5/1 game - it was pretty serious and pete harris, jba, kdawg, aaron_w, and others played there. i mean i ran like 47/32 somehow but i was still playing seriously [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].