Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Opinions on Green Plastic's Site? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394105)

12-09-2005 04:09 PM

Re: Opinions on Green Plastic\'s Site?

The money here isn't the issue at all, as 60$ is relatively nothing like the others said. I was just wanting to make sure it was worthwhile material, as I didn't know much about Green Plastic or his background, besides that he plays high stakes UB games. There are many trashy sites with similar context, and after this feedback, I am fairly certain this site is not one of those. Once again, thanks to all that took the time to respond.

Atropos 12-09-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please, it's 60 bucks. learning one or two new concepts can be worth so much more than that it's ridiculous, even in low stakes games.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

People use this argument all the time, be it with Poker Websites or Poker books. However I never see anyone say: "ok it's xx bucks. but the price doesnt matter because one bad concept could cost you so much..."

Back In Black 12-09-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
please, it's 60 bucks. learning one or two new concepts can be worth so much more than that it's ridiculous, even in low stakes games.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

People use this argument all the time, be it with Poker Websites or Poker books. However I never see anyone say: "ok it's xx bucks. but the price doesnt matter because one bad concept could cost you so much..."

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

Jeff W 12-09-2005 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't tell good advice from bad, you're going to go broke no matter how much money you hoard.

B1GF1SHY 12-12-2005 02:11 PM

I bought the subscription a couple days ago to see what it was like after reading this thread.

There are a lot of videos and I I've only been able to watch the 6max ring games so far. The commentary is decent and they analyze what they're thinking on each hand, and how they put a player on a certain hand (or range of hands). They stress how important position is more than anything and follow their reads to the end. The style of play is very loose from the button and very very tight in the blinds.

Some of the videos are uneventful but they still try to get across certain points. Some start at headsup, move to 6max and then back to headsup so there is some coverage on switching gears based on number of opponents.

Overall I don't think its a waste of money, especially if you're not great in a certain field. Ring players can learn something I'm sure, plus they can easily improve their SNG or MTT play, and the other way around.