Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   50/100 vs mahatma (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391587)

TheWorstPlayer 12-06-2005 03:03 PM

Re: TURN ACTION

[ QUOTE ]
My least favorite line here is check calling the turn, and then checking the river. I think your going to get run over a lot if you play it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you call on the river.

DOTTT 12-06-2005 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My least favorite line here is check calling the turn, and then checking the river. I think your going to get run over a lot if you play it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't many cards I'd feel comfortable calling a push on the river with.

I think the scary part of this hand is his call on the flop. If he knows the bb is aggressive he'd raise if he was on a draw or air to keep from getting pushed off his hand by the bb. His call seems like he's inviting the bb to come over the top. I find it very hard to believe he has a draw on the turn unless he has something like AKh, in which case he's free rolling. I can’t really see a good line here, I'm starting to believe a fold on the turn is the best play. Anyone care to disagree, with some reasoning?

Ray Zee 12-06-2005 07:00 PM

good flop bet but worked out bad though.
on the turn you must move in. or fold if you know something i dont.

12-06-2005 07:13 PM

Re: 50/100 vs mahatma

I don't really see your problem in this spot. Knowing Mahatma, you should be able to extract adequate information from the flop play to know what to do on turn (c/c, lead river for one third of the pot, call raise). Very nice bet on the flop, by the way.

- AB

durrrr 12-06-2005 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, your call preflop was pretty loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

durrrr 12-06-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i checked he bet 3600. My action now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $8200 and fold to a push??? I dont know this is really a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would leave me w/ 6k... im not good/bad enough to fold then i dont think- + i hav up to 8 outs vs. 2pair.

I think the decision on the turn is between c/r allin, or chk/call- chk/call(on most rivers), or chk/fold (if im not willing to put my stack in on a river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

BobboFitos 12-06-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the decision on the turn is between c/r allin, or chk/call- chk/call(on most rivers), or chk/fold (if im not willing to put my stack in on a river 2

[/ QUOTE ]

durr, what about c/c lead riv/call raise? or if you checked here, you werent betting the riv no mattah what?

durrrr 12-07-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

durr, what about c/c lead riv/call raise? or if you checked here, you werent betting the riv no mattah what?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was betting some rivers probably but i am an idiot and forgot to include that part of the line [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

In the actual hand i called; river wass 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and i chk/folded to his push. I really wish i had c/rd allin the turn especially after his 2/3 pot bet (i think i am often ahead after he makes this bet). I realize prah is no idiot; and will mix up his game; but in general i think its safe to assume that his hand range is stronger to full pot the turn than to 2/3 pot it; at least on this board in this spot.

buddhablessed1 12-07-2005 01:13 AM

does mason still think limit holdem is a more complicated game?(poker essays)

DOTTT 12-07-2005 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i checked he bet 3600. My action now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $8200 and fold to a push??? I dont know this is really a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would leave me w/ 6k... im not good/bad enough to fold then i dont think- + i hav up to 8 outs vs. 2pair.

I think the decision on the turn is between c/r allin, or chk/call- chk/call(on most rivers), or chk/fold (if im not willing to put my stack in on a river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you would have about 11k left.