Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HU MHNL TOURNEY TAKE 2...LET'S DO THIS (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387861)

AZK 12-01-2005 01:21 PM

Re: Progress Report

duck shouldn't be allowed to play bc she is a woman

FoxwoodsFiend 12-01-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
duck shouldn't be allowed to play bc she is a woman

[/ QUOTE ]

If you scare away all the fish, nobody's gonna want to play. Just keep your mouth shut before this whole thing unravels.

citanul 12-01-2005 01:41 PM

all,

as i offered before, one of the stt regulars has programmed a site to be capable of handling sidebets, calcuttas, whatever. if people have interest in such a thing, let me know and i'll ask him to set it up.

c

FoxwoodsFiend 12-01-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

as i offered before, one of the stt regulars has programmed a site to be capable of handling sidebets, calcuttas, whatever. if people have interest in such a thing, let me know and i'll ask him to set it up.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a calcutta?

citanul 12-01-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all,

c

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a calcutta?

[/ QUOTE ]

a calcutta is basically just like making a pool of sidebets, except for with individual owners. the two main ways of doing a calcutta are blind and auction. in a blind calcutta, x people put in y dollars, x being the number of people in the tournament itself, and then everyone is randomly assigned a horse. the winner gets the pool. or however all else you want to break it up. adds a spectator fun-ness to it. in an auction calcutta it's the same basically, it's you try to own the player you think will win and then the total auction prices go to a pool paid out to the winner, or whatever payout structure you want. i'm sure there's other ways of doing this as well. for the single table tournament heads up championships events there was both a blind and a auction calcutta.

c

Ulysses 12-01-2005 02:51 PM

FF,

Are you really allowing women in this? Do they know this is NO-LIMIT Texas Hold'em?

Please clarify,
El Diablo

FoxwoodsFiend 12-01-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FF,

Are you really allowing women in this? Do they know this is NO-LIMIT Texas Hold'em?

Please clarify,
El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the difficulty of getting 32 people, desperate times call for desperate measures

mikech 12-01-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FF,

Please clarify,
El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure they prefer to be called "chicks," or "broads."

KaneKungFu123 12-01-2005 03:26 PM

Re: HU MHNL TOURNEY TAKE 2...LET\'S DO THIS

whatever you guys decide i am in, regardless of format, so i RSVP for all in advance - to not hold things up.

Jason Strasser 12-01-2005 05:30 PM

im in