Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   this is my favorite poster (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385971)

Paluka 11-28-2005 02:23 PM

Re: this is my favorite poster

Old movie posters are so much cooler than new ones. I wish they made vintage style posters for recent movies.

B Dids 11-28-2005 02:25 PM

People over 21 seriously still use movie posters as art?

I would maybe swing a blown up album cover in the context of a game room, but beyond that, I'm just not feeling it.

Paluka 11-28-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would maybe swing a blown up album cover in the context of a game room, but beyond that, I'm just not feeling it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use any, but I don't think using really cool movie posters in a room that is primarily a TV room is a bad idea.

B Dids 11-28-2005 02:32 PM

It's just that it's so cliche at this point. If I was going to spend the money it would take to get nice ones, and get them framed, I'd rather just get some art that would be more individual.

Paluka 11-28-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just that it's so cliche at this point. If I was going to spend the money it would take to get nice ones, and get them framed, I'd rather just get some art that would be more individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

art is a lot more pricey

B Dids 11-28-2005 02:39 PM

Doesn't that totally depend? I'm sure that I could be the 500000th guy with a Scarface poster and still pay more than if I lucked into the right cool looking arty poster at the poster shop. I'm not talking originals, just cool prints or something.

Shajen 11-28-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, some of us don't. But MTV and Cribs has told everyone to go buy a Scarface poster so they do.

11-28-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I kinda know what you mean. I don't think I've bought a poster in years but I was sort of admiring the Brad Pitt ones in this thread. Also, there was an old Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid poster that I used to like. They were on a bicycle. Not sure if I'd put it up but I always thought it was nice.

Paluka 11-28-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Third, the fact that FightClub shows up more than a few times makes me think that you are all a bunch of friggin' retards.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

We're all very impressed that you don't like Fight Club.

B Dids 11-28-2005 02:47 PM

I have a hard time with somebody turning up their nose at Fight Club and wanting a picture of the Death Star in their office.