Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pulp Fiction. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385903)

David04 11-27-2005 12:39 AM

Re: Pulp Fiction.

[ QUOTE ]
So, youre 16? Charlotte's Web has a good storyline.

[/ QUOTE ]
I said I was 16, not 6. I think I am mature enough to watch R rated movies, and smart enough to digest information that is in a lot of movies that have a "message"

11-27-2005 12:39 AM

Have you watched Snatch or Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? These are important for anyone looking to impress girls with their knowledge of trendy counter culture. Also great movies.
Next on the list should be Boondock Saints. Watching some old Bogart flicks is good for the artsy chicks too.

David04 11-27-2005 12:40 AM

No, I have not seen Kill Bill, but it's a movie that I have been wanting to see. Would you recommend it?

miajag81 11-27-2005 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I have not seen Kill Bill, but it's a movie that I have been wanting to see. Would you recommend it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not if you didn't like Pulp Fiction.

11-27-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would. I can't say that you'll enjoy it. Kill Bill is a different movie but it has alot of similiar characteristics that Pulp Fiction contains. Give it a go.

IMO I believe that second half of Kill Bill to be better.

TheIrishThug 11-27-2005 12:47 AM

ur problem was that u went into the movie expecting enlightenment or something beyond what u had ever seen before. u r not gonna get that, espcially the last part since it was an aclaimed movie from a decade ago.

expectations change everything. the same thing happened when i saw jarhead, everyone i saw it with was expecting Full Metal Jacket or something like that. when they didn't get that they said they hated it. had i expected a social commentary, i probly would have really liked it.

Paluka 11-27-2005 12:47 AM

Not liking Pulp Fiction is stupid.

David04 11-27-2005 12:49 AM

Yeah, I was just expecting too much. I'm not saying it is a bad movie, parts of it were pretty good. But overall I was just kind of disappointed.

fluxrad 11-27-2005 12:51 AM

Please watch/buy the following movies:

Cool Hand Luke
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Das Boot
MASH
Glengary Glen Ross
The Godfather

Post a trip report.

BTW - One's collection really doesn't have much to do with their taste in movies. I mean, I own XXX fer chrissakes.

XXX.

WTF.

Seriously.

razor 11-27-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I said I was 16, not 6. I think I am mature enough to watch R rated movies, and smart enough to digest information that is in a lot of movies that have a "message"

[/ QUOTE ]

yet, apparently not.