Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Harry Potter 4 (the movie) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375675)

B Dids 11-10-2005 05:46 PM

Re: Harry Potter 4 (the movie)

You've seen the 3rd movie, right?

I can't express how night and day it is between the first 2. The first two were just so literal with regards to the the book that they weren't worth it.

The 3rd brings a little more.

However, some of the things that make the Potter books good could never be expressed in a 3 hour movie. There's just too much depth to really cover.

wayabvpar 11-10-2005 06:33 PM

The third movie was more of an interpretation of the 3rd book than the first 2 (which were literal retellings). I was a bit put off by that- while I think it is a superior 'film' (as far as the way it was shot, the hidden 'passage of time' metaphor the director was using with all the clocks, the turn of the seasons, etc), it didn't have the same feel of the first 2. Richard Harris will also continue to be missed.

Maybe it is just the fact that the books grow considerably darker as the series progesses. From Book 1, where Voldemort 's power is still nascent up through the final books, where he is powerful and pretty damned evil. The body count starts piling up through the books as well, which is a decided turn from the first couple.

spamuell 11-10-2005 06:38 PM

The first two were not literal retellings, if they had been they'd have been much better.

The third one pissed me off because of its portrayal of Sirius.

StevieG 11-10-2005 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The third one pissed me off because of its portrayal of Sirius.

[/ QUOTE ]

What didn't you like about the protrayal of Sirius?

There really isn't much character development for Sirius in "Prisoner," anyway. It all happens in "Goblet" and "Order".

I'm eager to see how Oldman portrays him in those movies, especially "Order." Watching him and Rickman interact in that one should be great fun.

peachy 11-10-2005 07:47 PM

i luv these movies....i dont read the books though....and the poor girl in it is getting to the pnt where all men r gonna find her hot as hell even though shes so underage LOL

phil_ivey_fan 11-10-2005 08:13 PM

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDOR

Dynasty 11-10-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDOR

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in this movie.

jasonHoldEm 11-10-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDOR

[/ QUOTE ]
Not in this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm holding to the belief that dumbledore isn't really dead...he faked his own death and now drives a magical taxi around London. You heard it here first kids.

J