Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I'm very sorry (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375024)

parappa 11-09-2005 02:55 PM

Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
"The comparison to Hitler, Hitler youth, and anything else Nazi related is overused by society but I have to say this is one example of it being a just comparison."

What is the probability Paul Phillips agrees with that statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the probability that the original comment was a Godwin's Law joke that neither of you got?

wayabvpar 11-09-2005 02:56 PM

While Paul could have shown some restraint in his reply to the email, I think his original post and sentiments have some validity. The moderation here has gone completely overboard in recent weeks, with each moderator having his or her own standards. Instead of a place of discussion, this site is devolving into a place to cozy up to the moderators to avoid getting banned.

A sad day.

Mat Sklansky 11-09-2005 03:06 PM

It was just one moderator: me. What happened here is not about multiple moderators. This forum has one: Dynasty. I am the only other person who might take action here. So people can direct their anger and disappointment at me.

My explanation

BarronVangorToth 11-09-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was just one moderator: me. What happened here is not about multiple moderators. This forum has one: Dynasty. I am the only other person who might take action here. So people can direct their anger and disappointment at me.

My explanation

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat made a slight error and owned up to it fully. People should respect that and not look as it being more sinister than it is. And while I am a fan of Paul's - and linked to his blog - and I believe that poker pro's should be more welcomed here than they are by many board members - I don't think it's right for him to insult 2+2 or call Mason names.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

betgo 11-09-2005 03:11 PM

Are cricitisms of 2+2 or the way you or Dynasty moderate the forums acceptable?

mbraudel 11-09-2005 03:12 PM

I rarely post; nobody here will miss me. I won't even pretend that your advertisers will notice that I've stopped clicking through from your web site.

And I'm out of here.

SeattleJake 11-09-2005 03:16 PM

just chop the pot, already

I wonder what the probability is of a table full of poker pros dropping their egos.

istewart 11-09-2005 03:16 PM

Holy [censored], mbraudel, you're [censored] LEAVING MAN???

Wow... never thought I'd see this day.

Holy [censored] it's the JFK assassination all over again.

MikeSmith 11-09-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul,

Sometimes the person telling you not to post, is not who you'd expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Paul was lonely or had too much to drink, I love humor amongst heated arguments, life is short....smile.

dabluebery 11-09-2005 03:18 PM

Mason, you forgot "Best Wishes,"