Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Would you have handled this differently? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374214)

Duke 11-08-2005 12:32 PM

Re: Would you have handled this differently?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you wear "I'm gay!" T-shirts or something?

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing.

Are you "flaming" Steve, or did it come up in the course of conversation?

How did she and the class know you're gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point. I can't come up with a good reason for the teacher to know that Mr. Steve is gay.

I'm thinking that her comment was something like "Are you talking about the guy wearing nothing but chaps, a thong, and roller skates?" This was then followed by Steve rolling in wearing said chaps, thong, and roller skates.

I'm not saying that Steve should be hiding who he is, but it doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that a lot of people would have reason to know. Except this entire internet forum knows, and we don't even know who the hell he is. And probably everyone on every other forum he frequents. And a random teacher. And one of his employees. And...

~D

TheMainEvent 11-08-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly my point. I can't come up with a good reason for the teacher to know that Mr. Steve is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just assumed he had the gay "accent"

Beer and Pizza 11-08-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You contradict yourself completely. You state that no minorities should be discriminated, then you use the discrimination of some minorities to justify the discrimination of an other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't advocate discriminating against anyone. Did you even read what I wrote?

RunDownHouse 11-08-2005 12:39 PM

I beat all of you fuckers to that question.

There are plenty of good reasons for her to know, however. What if the class is a discussion course on the treatment of minorities in America? A class on civil rights and liberties? A course on the depiction of gays in the media?

There are lots of situations where homosexuality could have come up in discussion, and Steve offered a first-hand point of view to the class.

But then again, maybe that's not the case. Hence the question.

Talk2BigSteve 11-08-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you wear "I'm gay!" T-shirts or something?

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing.

Are you "flaming" Steve, or did it come up in the course of conversation?

How did she and the class know you're gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did the class know I was gay?

Great Question

This is the college that I got my AA degree from in Criminal Justice, I am now back getting certified in the Funeral Service Program.

Well Mrs. Gordon who is the Oral Communications teacher(Not a gay joke) loved the speaches that I gave in her class, on off the wall subjects like Tarot cards, and the History of the Condom, etc. We became good friends. Well this semester I stopped back by her office and she said there was a guy that she wanted me to meet from the theatre program. I did, his name is Johnathan, but what she did not know was that I already knew him and didn't like him. He is a Drag Queen named Miss Elaina and I am not into all that bull crap.

Well sometime back here in OOT I posted about doing an embalming and someone made a joke about SIIHP and rigor mortis locking it up like a chinese finger trap. I thought it was an extremely funny comment.

Well a week later he desides to "tour" the Funeral Program because he was thinking about joining it in spring.

Well up to this point no one in my classes knew I was gay, let's face it, I am not A&F or GQ material.

The class is out on break he walks out of the doors and we make eye contact.

He grins and says "Hey Gurrl!"

I look at him and say "Hey Miss Elaina, are you thinking about joining the Funeral Service Program?"

He said "I am thinking about it, it sounds fun."

I recalled my OOTinfo and replied "Why you can't [censored] them, rigor mortis sets in and locks that ass down like a chinese finger trap."

He got pissed and said "[censored] you!" and stormed off as only a mad gay queen can.

That is when the class found out I was gay. It was definately not from my clothing choices or my manorisms.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Eurotrash 11-08-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well sometime back here in OOT I posted about doing an embalming and someone made a joke about SIIHP and rigor mortis locking it up like a chinese finger trap. I thought it was an extremely funny comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was me, sweet

edit: hah, you used my finger trap line on a drag queen named Miss Elaina. what more can I ask for? ty, Big Steve.

MD2020 11-08-2005 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would the school act the same way if the teacher had criticised someone for being a Catholic, or a supporter of the Iraq War, or some other minority not embraced by the ACLU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Critizing and making derogatory or prejudicial remarks are not the same thing.

If someone criticized my support of the Iraq war, oh well, people disagree.

If someone made a derogatory remark about me for my belief in the Catholic faith, you're damn right they would get hell for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like something a no good Papist would say.

Chobohoya 11-08-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recalled my OOTinfo and replied "Why you can't [censored] them, rigor mortis sets in and locks that ass down like a chinese finger trap."

He got pissed and said "[censored] you!" and stormed off as only a mad gay queen can.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. that's awesome.

Talk2BigSteve 11-08-2005 01:57 PM

An Overreaction? I think I handled myself more civilly than most people would have.

And a shallow I'm sorry would have have meant anything to me at that moment.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

astroglide 11-08-2005 02:02 PM

i'd be very unsurprised if the various executive faculty sigs were forged