Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Best quotes of the 2006 WSOP ME (ESPN) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371073)

MicroBob 11-04-2005 01:15 PM

Re: Best quotes of the 2006 WSOP ME (ESPN)

[ QUOTE ]
attention whore

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And it's not even close.

dealcloser 11-04-2005 01:57 PM

Mike Matusow to Friedman.

"Boy you really do suck."

I was ROFL after hearing that. Classic.

11-04-2005 03:58 PM

2005 WSOP quotes

I think most of the best quotes have already been cited here, but here are some ones I appreciated. Some may not be from the main event, but bear with me.

Phil Ivey (to the guy whose hand was shaking): “Would you stop that? Look, your hand is shaking. Did you know your hand is shaking? Are you doing that on purpose?”

Mike Matusow (in his table interview for ESPN): “I think being in prison’s made me a better person” (or something like that)

Speaking of which, Norman Chad (at just about any time Matusow’s being a jackass): “This is the New Mike. Same as the Old Mike.”

Scott Fischman: “I’ve got a secret bathroom that I use, and I’m not telling anyone about it. You all can wait in line.”

Scott Fischman (preflop holding pocket eights vs. Dave Ulliott’s pocket Kings, imitating the announcers): “Scott Fischman has the best hand, but what will he do here?” Later, to Ulliott: “I put you on...King-six. Yeah, King-six. I think that’s what you had.”

**ONE MORE** Some guy at table, attempting to raise: "I I I I I I I..uh, uh, uh..." Layne Flack: "What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" Guy: "I raise." Layne Flack: "I hate that cat."

Scottiek

Python49 11-04-2005 10:16 PM

"I haven't won a coin flip in two years" - Matusow

11-04-2005 10:41 PM

at the table with madusow and the 23 year old they are discussing a 700000 pot or so and someone says that guy was in a huge pot for over 700000 chips. madusow says wow, did u win? he shakes his head no and madusow replies:

"wow you really do suck buddy!"

tonypaladino 11-04-2005 11:40 PM

When someone asks Matasow if he is related to Helmuth:
(Paraphrased)
"Oh, please... don't even.... I'm just joking, that guy really believes what he says. He has a huge ego, I don't have an ego.

11-05-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I haven't won a coin flip in two years" - Matusow

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember there was one guy in the background bellowing after he heard that one. That amused me.

basshuntr 11-05-2005 03:42 PM

Has to be:

"Show me in the rules where is says about smelling"

Bass

protocol 11-05-2005 08:04 PM

I can't believe no one has said this one yet....definately Matusow's 40 minute penalty.

This is from memory so it is just a rough paraphrase:

Dealer: I heard an F-bomb over here!
Floor: That's a 10-minute penalty, Mike.
Matusow: Are you kidding, I was just talking to this guy about the [censored] hand!
Floor: That's 20 minutes now.
Matusow: [censored] this place.
Floor: 30 minutes.
Matusow: And [censored] you too.
Floor: 40 minutes.

nath 11-07-2005 09:50 AM

" "
-Phil Ivey