Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Novermber Goals Post (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367470)

TStoneMBD 10-28-2005 09:02 PM

Re: Novermber Goals Post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Continue practicing my new belief that downswings don't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then Im a fucing awful poker player [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you in the 300BB poker chip club? i just dodged the club by a little bit about a month ago.

I.Rowboat 10-28-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I made several small, fundamental changes to my game in August and have had great success since;

[/ QUOTE ]

care to share?

I ask because I did the same thing, my changes were:
- steal less
- defend less
- call down less with big unimproved aces

I made these adjustments after my first 30-40k hands of SH and I couldn't be happier. just curious what type of adjustments you made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tightened up my game, primarily PF, while also ratcheting up my aggression. I am playing position much more carefully, and exploiting positional mistakes by opponents much more vigorously. I'm also giving more respect to EP PF raisers (when warranted) -- I'm folding a lot more hands to an EP raise than I used to, and this may be my single biggest improvement. I have natural LAG tendencies, which I've fought to overcome, and I feel that as a result I am a more solid, much tougher player. Basically, I'm playing fewer pots and winning more of them. Like I said, fundamental stuff. I think I've been playing well post-flop for several years, but I had some obvious leaks in my PF game (e.g., a sweet tooth for suited connectors and small pairs OOP), and I have worked to plug these.

I only play for a few hours each night, and only 2-3 tables, so even 10k hands would be a huge month for me; 6k-8k is probably average. If you can accept stats on such a small sample size, I'm averaging 3.6 bb/100 at $15-$30 to $30-$60, mostly in full ring games. These stats are probably meaningless, but they are all I have to go on; if I'm not a winning player, I'm sure I'll find out in the next 6-12 months. In monetary numbers (and I know it's crass to talk about money, so I apologize, but it's the yardstick I've been using) I'm up $14k since August, and the rise has been consistent. This includes two 100BB downswings. I am eager to get in more hours to validate these numbers, but between work, kids, and not completely ignoring my wife, a few hours most nights is about the best I can do.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy testimonial, but I wanted to give a complete answer.

jba 10-28-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, sorry for the lengthy testimonial, but I wanted to give a complete answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks bro, exactly what I was looking for. it's always interesting to hear about the hurdles people clear along the way.

oreogod 10-28-2005 09:10 PM

1. 60k hands.
2.Play good as usual.
3.Dont let 100bb swings affect me or annoy me much (why should it affect me, I have a big roll, there is no need to get annoyed at the loss -- its all on loan baby, its not lost.)

ggbman 10-28-2005 09:18 PM

Its [censored] October 28th! I wanted to start this thread so i could see the little flame thingy next to one of my posts. You are an [censored] Dave.

Anywho, here are the november goals

1.) Have fun at school and in vegas, dedicate more time to classes.
2.) Run "average" or better
3.) Log 25k hands in the 30-60 game and dont take any higher shots for a little while.
4.) Make 2BB/100 in the 30 game for the month
5.) Eat better/exercise more
6.) Try to get my average sleep up to 6 hrs/night

Good luck everyone!

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to start this thread so i could see the little flame thingy next to one of my posts. You are an [censored] Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao. busted. when the october one got bumped and I saw the flamey thing next to one of your threads i was like, i gotta start the nov. one so that can be me!

ggbman 10-28-2005 09:25 PM

While i am still very [censored] mad about this, i'm somewhat reassured that im not the only idiot who enjoys seeing the little flame next my threads

ClaytonN 10-28-2005 09:26 PM

Play 25k hands at 2/4 sixmax on stars
No multitasking, stick to pokering
No tilting
Make enough money to comfortably play the 3/6 sixmax games on Stars (roll of prob 3600'ish)

TStoneMBD 10-28-2005 09:31 PM

wasnt krishan the originator of goals posts? whoever the originator is should be the one to create it monthly. if not im releasing decembers midnovember.

NLSoldier 10-28-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasnt krishan the originator of goals posts? whoever the originator is should be the one to create it monthly. if not im releasing decembers midnovember.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa you are correct. thats wierd cuz for some reason I thought it was gabes post last month, and then he was the one who said he wanted to make it this month so I was reassured that it was his last month...

anyways, maybe we can write down a rotation so that we dont ahve a december goals post out in a week, lol.