Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Top 10 NFL QBs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349324)

yoadrians 10-03-2005 11:48 PM

Re: The Top 10 NFL QBs

-Manning
-McNabb
-Brady
-Favre
-Vick
-Brees
-Culpepper
-Palmer
-Bulger
-E. Manning???

I know Favre is off some people's lists, but I think he's still top 10. Christ, give the guy his line and J. Walker back, for goodness sakes.

Victor 10-03-2005 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. McNabb gets way too much love I think. If he were white, he'd be Kerry Collins... above average QB that explodes when he gets 1a or 1b in receivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

my gawd. its hilarious you have such a fanclub here. you pull out some of the most idiotic statements.

mcnabb is far better than collins bc he can run very well. this has won many games for his teams. have you ever watched him play? he is far closer to vick than collins.

brettbrettr 10-03-2005 11:54 PM

His running doesn't make him better than Collins, and he's much better than Collins.

Victor 10-04-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His running doesn't make him better than Collins, and he's much better than Collins.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. true. i guess i meant it really puts him another realm.

10-04-2005 12:30 AM

There is no way Joey Harrington should EVER be on a top 10 list, if it's meant as a positive. Joey this, Joey that...fact of the matter is that he has a horrific winning percentage and turns the ball over way too much.

Tron 10-04-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year as a pocket passer he completed 64% of his passes, threw 31 TDs and 8 picks. Why should he run more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly because he's good at it. How many times was he sacked last year? I haven't been following the Eagles, so all I know of them is from MNF versus Atlanta, but there were plenty of sticky situations during that game that McNabb could have gotten out of by running the ball.

Taraz 10-04-2005 04:57 AM

Read the replies. I was joking about Joey Harrington. I hate Joey Harrington. I thought he was overrated coming into the NFL and he's about the worst QB in the league.

VarlosZ 10-04-2005 06:08 AM

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. McNabb
4. Culpepper
5. Brees
6. Green
7. Hasselbeck
8. Palmer
9. Bulger
10. Favre

Vick is poor passer, so no go. Roethlisberger isn't asked to do very much. Delhomme throws too many INTs.

Can't believe people are mentioning Eli -- he was terrible last year. He's certainly been better this season, but he's faced weak pass defenses. See me again at the end of the year if he keeps it up.

maxsick 10-04-2005 06:31 AM

1) Peyton Manning
2) Donovan McNabb
3) Tom Brady
4) Trent Green
5) Marc Bulger
6) Daunte Culpepper
7) Drew Brees
8) Jake Delhomme
9) Matt Hasselbeck
10) Carson Palmer

Runners-up (in vague order): Vick, Favre, Big Ben, Leftwich, McNair, E. Manning, Collins, Bledsoe, Dilfer, Griese.

Jack of Arcades 10-04-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Meh. McNabb gets way too much love I think. If he were white, he'd be Kerry Collins... above average QB that explodes when he gets 1a or 1b in receivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

my gawd. its hilarious you have such a fanclub here. you pull out some of the most idiotic statements.

mcnabb is far better than collins bc he can run very well. this has won many games for his teams. have you ever watched him play? he is far closer to vick than collins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have I ever watched him play? I don't know, I think you'd find a lot of Eagles fans that agree with me, and I'm sure they watch him play.