Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Preparing for the $10/$20 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343998)

Fabian 09-25-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Preparing for the $10/$20

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have 15K and feel like that ain't enough. i'd be happy with 25K.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous - seriously

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I have 30k for the game. I won't step foot into the 20 again until I have 40k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, ... are you guy's 100% pro, and could not restart if you busted?

Personally, I keep 500 BB's and feel that's plenty. While I know it's possible to go on a 500 BB downswing, I also know that it's extremely unlikely. Further, after a 300BB downswing, I'd probably drop down to 5/10 to rebuild for a bit.

It's my feeling that a 500 BB downswing is not simply bad luck, but also bad play.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't have 25k.

ThePimpulator 09-25-2005 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have a friend hit you repeatedly in the gut with a baseball bat. if you can deal with it, you are ready for the 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the 10 is like having a friend hit you repeatedly in the gut with a baseball bat, then god, how do you describe the 20?

[/ QUOTE ]

Move 5 inches lower.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that much he doesn't, or he would have said 8 inches lower...

adamstewart 09-25-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have 15K and feel like that ain't enough. i'd be happy with 25K.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous - seriously

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I have 30k for the game. I won't step foot into the 20 again until I have 40k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, ... are you guy's 100% pro, and could not restart if you busted?

Personally, I keep 500 BB's and feel that's plenty. While I know it's possible to go on a 500 BB downswing, I also know that it's extremely unlikely. Further, after a 300BB downswing, I'd probably drop down to 5/10 to rebuild for a bit.

It's my feeling that a 500 BB downswing is not simply bad luck, but also bad play.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't have 25k.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not my point.

My point is that if someone's dropping 300+ Big bets, there's a problem. He's not playing well. There's no way any of us can dropp 300+ big bets in a row and not be affected confidence-wise, emotional-wise, and psychological-wise.

Whether I have the extra roll or not, I maintain that dropping down at that point would be a good idea ... for reasons I've already mentioned in previous replies.

Adam

09-26-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moving down and chopping your earn in at least half sucks big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was earning X $/100 at 20/40, and moved to 10/20, I don't think I'd be earning <1/2x $/100.