Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Conundrum of Ugly and/or Fat Chicks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298863)

chesspain 07-23-2005 02:48 PM

Re: The Conundrum of Ugly and/or Fat Chicks

[ QUOTE ]
What is their evolutionary purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still haven't figured out what purpose you serve here.

BeerMoney 07-23-2005 02:48 PM

Nice post.

A coupla functions I think of

1.) They make it possible for trophy girlfriends.

2.) Fat girl head.

3.) They keep the hot girls in line by not being bitchy, and giving fat girl head.

kerssens 07-23-2005 02:49 PM

This thread made my eyes bleed.

TheMainEvent 07-23-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
start threads like this on internet forums ? i don't know.

or they go after another guy they're attracted to.
are all hot guys going to refuse sex from hot girls because they already have one ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants to read more about this and evolutionary psychology in general, The Moral Animal by Robert Wright is a good place to start. Of course its controversial like most evolutionary psychology texts, so take it for what you will.

Anyways, with regard to sexual selection, the author classifies different species as "high parental investment" (HPI) or "low parental investment" (LPI). In a LPI species, females are essentially looking for the best quality sperm possible and that's pretty much all they want from the males. Since the males don't play a role in raising offspring, the females don't care about anything other than their genes. Basically the same considerations as shopping for frozen sperm. All the females presumably just take turns with the most attractive males they can find to mate with.

But the author believes that in HPI species like humans, natural selection has determined that in regards to successfully passing on genes, having a mate that can be counted on to provide safety and security for the offspring is often as important if not more than having one with high-quality genes (the hot ones). Obviously, a man who is sleeping with 20 other women is not as likely to be able to provide security as one with no other partners. The author believes this is how monogamy developed in human culture. For this reason, it seems logical that in an HPI species with a roughly equal gender ratio, most will be able to find mates regardless of relative attractiveness.

07-23-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didnt god just make all chicks hot? wouldn't that be better, evolutionary wise?

[/ QUOTE ]
there is different prefences for different people so what one person might find incredably hot another might find ugly, and what about when they turn old, thats just sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

IMO, all chicks can't be equally hot unless they all look the same, and that would be incredibly bland.

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123 07-23-2005 03:10 PM

BeerMoney is one of the best posters on this site.

[ QUOTE ]

Nice post.

A coupla functions I think of

1.) They make it possible for trophy girlfriends.

2.) Fat girl head.

3.) They keep the hot girls in line by not being bitchy, and giving fat girl head.

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie 07-23-2005 03:11 PM

imagine there are 100 guys in existance. all of them extremely hot. you are a hot guy.

there are only 99 women in existance. a large percentage of them are hot too, the rest are average. except one.

98 women are paired with 98 hot guys.

this leaves one woman and two men.

you are one of the two hot men left.

this is the last woman available

what would you do ?

kerssens 07-23-2005 03:14 PM

That picture made me smile. I'd like to see a followup to see what became of him and Chunk. I imagine they got an apartment somewhere in the city ala Perfect Strangers.

Lazymeatball 07-23-2005 03:14 PM

London Bridge one of the other 98 women.

einbert 07-23-2005 03:14 PM

Does she give good head?