Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Empire Account Closed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290899)

Mike Haven 07-12-2005 11:04 AM

Re: Empire Account Closed

For what it's worth, if Miah states something as being true, I believe him, based on forum input and pm correspondence I've had with him over a couple of years.

baronzeus 07-12-2005 11:17 AM

My account just got closed and cashed out.

grinin 07-12-2005 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's one of the problems. Either they never sent it , or I never received it. I doubt the latter, as I have never had that problem before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, any credibility that you had just vanished.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not hard to believe at all, considering the level of competence at Party/Empire. I tend to take newbies with a grain of salt, but this guy is a long time poster.

Quercus 07-12-2005 11:32 AM

I've had problems with emails from the Party in the past as well. I set up an email address specifically for poker and registered it them. Verification email came through fine, bonus announcements come through fine, cashout requests/verifications come through fine. But, hand histories never arrive. (I have no spam blocking on this account.)

I can only get hand histories/tournament summaries if I change my email account on the skin to something else. Wonder if this bug is affecting some warning emails?

SjPdX 07-12-2005 11:58 AM

Re: Empire Account Closed *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven

DMBFan23 07-12-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is very odd. Empire is promoting Poker Edge with an offer of Poker Edge for 1 year free (go to PE's site) when you open an account with Empire. The code is edge4free. They offer a $25 bonus to boot! I know because I opened an Empire account, cleared the $25 bonus and got the program.

Why in hell would they promote the program, give you $25 and a years worth of service only to ban you and confiscate your account??? It makes no sense to me.

Here's the URL Poker Edge for free from Empire

[/ QUOTE ]

that seems like a pokeredge promotion to me, not an empire promotion

LowDown22 07-12-2005 12:05 PM

And perhaps the developers of PokerEdge weren't entirely clear on the capabilities of their program.

SjPdX 07-12-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And perhaps the developers of PokerEdge weren't entirely clear on the capabilities of their program.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean that the developers of Poker Edge have a program that they wrote and they don't know what it can do? Holy cow! That's some program.

The data collected from the internet is public information. The program does nothing except collect that information and make it available to the public.

Perhaps the off shore developers of the Party network are a little short on the idea of free speech and the free flow of public information.

iluzion 07-12-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They cashed out my balance (which was 4 figures) to neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are lucky then. I read somewhere on here where the guy who wrote SimpleMine had his Party account closed and was not refunded his $2,000. This is terrible what happened to you, but I'm glad to see you only lost an account here, and no money.

Subby 07-12-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a list is not in their best interests, because then it gives douches like PokerAce deniability to go and write their own HUDs and say "OMG it wasnt on the list!!1 LOLLERS you cant ban me ahaha im invincible" when in reality, you should refrain from using a program while running empire poker if you're in doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man. You are better than that...that was completely out of bounds. Why are you singling out PokerAce when he has worked his ass off to create a program *for free* that does what GT+ and PV combined could never do?

I personally think you owe him apology.

And the posters railing on OP - you seem to be jumping to conclusions to me. Not a single thing he has said sounds all that farfetched to me.

How great was that Poker Stars email? You have to love a support team that knows what the F they are talking about...