Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   EV wise, who do you want to win WSOPME? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288713)

Georgia Avenue 07-08-2005 04:40 PM

Re: EV wise, who do you want to win WSOPME?

You are correct, sir.
+EV for poker...
-EV for planet earth as his head will swell to the size of thee moon and thee tides will go ape-crazy and flood the coasts etc.

flatline 07-08-2005 05:40 PM

how about cousin sal?

stillbr 07-08-2005 05:44 PM

I think moneymaker winning again would be the biggest boost for poker.

VoraciousReader 07-08-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Strictly on the basis of this post and your handle I am now attracted to you. If we ever meet in real life, I'd like a smooch.
fim

[/ QUOTE ]

(blush)

IQ89 07-09-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Hellmuth Jr.

[/ QUOTE ] You are correct, sir.
+EV for poker...
-EV for planet earth as his head will swell to the size of thee moon and thee tides will go ape-[censored] and flood the coasts etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too funny. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Scott_Baio 07-09-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A popular celebrity

[/ QUOTE ]

A popular attractive celebrity

Crispy86 07-09-2005 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since Barry Greenstein donates his tournament winnings to assorted good causes, if he had won it would have definitely been +EV for the world.

Everyone seems to think a woman would be a good candidate. As a woman, I think that would be moderately -EV for me, personally. (I get underestimated a lot at the poker table.)

And I think, by and large, women play tighter than men, so I'm not 100% convinced that the money brought in would be nice and loose.

But if one wants to bring women in (which would be a nice vast assortment of novice players) I vote for a soccer mom. Whoever said Shannon Elizabeth wouldn't bring in the women was dead on. She would just increase the number of <21 year old males trying to crash the ME next year.

Personally, I vote for a Gus Hansen variety. (No disrespect to Gus.) The thought of a bunch of poor players trying to bluff into me with 47o all next year gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I would further add that i don't know what would be better: an internet qualifier that played like that, further emphasizing an image of luck and ease, or a pro such as Hansen himself, which would 'prove' that the winning method demands 72o.

Albert

UATrewqaz 07-09-2005 02:12 AM

There are several that could do it.

1. A non-Asian minority

2. Any semi-attractive female

3. A college student of any type

4. Elmo

SoftcoreRevolt 07-09-2005 02:26 AM

Gus Hansen.

UATrewqaz 07-09-2005 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gus Hansen.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG we have a winner, if only we can encourage people to emulate his style.....