Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   D'Agostino's antics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286552)

TheMainEvent 07-05-2005 03:08 PM

Re: D\'Agostino\'s antics

[ QUOTE ]
Would you want Hoyt Corkins sitting directly to your right raping your BB all day? Let's see you make those "easy" calls for all your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'd much rather be a shortstack sitting accross the table watching the second chip leader risking way too many chips against the chip leader with crap, practically handing me EV on a plate.

arod15 07-05-2005 03:14 PM

Again you are leaving out important factors. One D'agostino had so many chips in front of him that loosing that pot with 99 wouldnt have hurt him one but. Originally he called a raise then the other player moved all in the original riaser called. So with all the blinds and antes as well as money he put in originally with his 99 (yes he was correct to see a flop with 99 to a raise) his call of the all in was good considering the equity. Also, Hoyt had been stealking blinds repeatedly its a matter of time before you have to defend it. John did it at the perfect time as he was a huge favorite pre-flop. But he lost anyways. John doesnt play a poor game he just plays a super agressive game that you wont find in a book. Just cause its not text book doesnt mean its not right. He played a great tournament and got unlucky and i dont know why they hell we are talking abnout this a year later.

augie00 07-05-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you want Hoyt Corkins sitting directly to your right raping your BB all day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given their stack size in relation to the blinds, I would be in heaven if Hoyt was moving in on my BB with raises 20x the pot. Did you hear me? Heaven. These guys were playing with more than 100x the BB for Christ's sake.

arod15 07-05-2005 03:18 PM

"He called them all off (essentially) with Tens. Without much thought. That pretty much proves my point, I'd say."

He based it on Hoyt reputation as well as the numerous time Hoyt attempted to steal before that. I as at the torunamnet dont jsut go by what you see on TV. Thats just a fraction of the hands. He made the right call most pros would have called there too. The reason it seemed so easy was the because of the who it was that moved in. Dont let the result fool you Hoyt got real lucky

PokerBob 07-05-2005 04:16 PM

Anyone question the call????

If I remember correctly D'Ag had a boatload of chips and Corkins went all-in pf with basically the same amount. If you are D'Ag, do you feel good about this call, when there is a very real possibility that you are a coinflip? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

amoeba 07-05-2005 04:40 PM

considering blinds were less than 10% of the stack size, 90% of the time isn't good enough is it?

Your Mom 07-05-2005 04:41 PM

Re: Anyone question the call????

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly D'Ag had a boatload of chips and Corkins went all-in pf with basically the same amount. If you are D'Ag, do you feel good about this call, when there is a very real possibility that you are a coinflip? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there was real good chace JDag was a 2 to 1 fav. or a 4 to 1 fav. as well.

drewjustdrew 07-05-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there was real good chace JDag was a 2 to 1 fav. or a 4 to 1 fav. as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say he is a 3 to 1 fav using your numbers. That means he has half the chips on the table (assumption on my part) 75% of the time, giving him the win 37.5% of the time, and 25% of the time he is eliminated.

If he folds, he has 25% of chips in tourney (still assuming) and 25% chance of winning.

No opinion...just adding a consideration.

TheMainEvent 07-05-2005 05:05 PM

Another consideration is that this is a major tournament, not a party SnG. What I mean is, you're going to be playing with the same lineups every time, and if everyone knows that you're gonna fold everything but aces and kings in this spot your table image is horrible and everyone will take advantage.

TomHimself 07-05-2005 05:15 PM

It was a horrible play, he didnt have to risk his whole stack to take down the blinds, a normal raise would have been fine. I dont think it was a loose call with TT, I would insta-called just like Dags.