Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Neteller Accnt Hacked!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265890)

Stormwolf 06-05-2005 07:33 AM

Re: Neteller Accnt Hacked!!!

anyone have any advice on preventing this kind of thing?i already have norton internet security and AV and run spybot and lavasoft adaware from time to time but still

awval999 06-05-2005 09:50 AM

So who all went to Neteller and checked their balance just to make sure the $$$$ was there and not in Costa Rica?

sumdumguy 06-05-2005 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone have any advice on preventing this kind of thing?i already have norton internet security and AV and run spybot and lavasoft adaware from time to time but still

[/ QUOTE ]
Cancel your internet service?
just trying to help.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jim Kuhn 06-05-2005 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always copy&paste them from the neteller email.

[/ QUOTE ]

So - if someone hacks your email they have access to your neteller information? Do they also have access to your banking information via saved emails? Could that be the problem?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

J_B 06-05-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey TheRedPill. Didn't know you posted in here. You didn't have to bother signing up under a different name. Your style is one of a kind.

I do think you're trolling on this one though.

[ QUOTE ]
"yeah... i would definitly post it under my 2+2 name, so that people might take me seriously"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody would even think twice about this if he posted it under his real name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do find it odd that he makes no reference to where the $$ went to. Is it a poker site, someone elses account, etc.?

Yeh, I'd post with my real acc. too. I may only have 170 or so posts, but at least it's more than 1!

Freudian 06-06-2005 06:39 AM

Only if you have e-mails in there with that information in them. For example Neteller sends you e-mails with your account information. It is a good idea to delete that e-mail once you have the numbers written down/memorized.

Grail 06-06-2005 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if you can have neteller disable instacash for your account? I never plan to use instacash and would like to have that featured disabled just as a precaution in case something like this would ever happen to my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possible? Since I never plan on deposting to Neteller form my bank account it would be a nice piece of mind to know that at least my real bank account was safe from a Neteller hack.

-G