Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   SNG results after 15 tournaments, review? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240578)

pooh74 04-27-2005 07:20 PM

Re: SNG results after 15 tournaments, review?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are 29 sample size snobs enough to call it a group of sample size snobs?

(Id say at least 500...that'd be a convention though)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I just had a deja-vu then the feeling passed, btw all this is just talk, i love sample size snobs really, although my sample size is small. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

deja vu? really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deja vu? really?

<font color="white"> really? </font>

Phoenix1010 04-27-2005 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yer right, it never did feel the same, it felt infinitely better. faster, more moves, everything. it was great. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamecube Smash Bros destroys N64 Smash Bros. My little brother has won quite a few tourneys at this game, I played a mean Captain Falcon in my day. My bro's Fox and Mario are almost unbeatable, however.

Edit: I also think it's amusing how badly hijacked this thread is.

Eevee 04-27-2005 07:24 PM

Woooooaaaahh...OMGOMGOMG, Raptor you had a LICENSED MEW?!? You are my new hero. HOlla.

Also, alot of you are pluggin N64 but did u forget about Super Nintendo? I mean super nintendo had some of the best games ever. Mario Paint, Super Mario RPG, Mario World, Battle Toads, Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, NBA Jam (TE), etc.
N64 has Zelda, Smash Bro, etc. Its a tough race IMO.

I will take any challenges in Smash Bro 64 Version, which is nutsier that GC version. I also have a 60% ITM at Mario Party.

-(+)EV

raptor517 04-27-2005 07:25 PM

ive won a few tournaments as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ah, the art of wavedashing and L-cancelling that very few have mastered. yea, fox is one of the best characters in the game. actually, he IS the best. i did win a tournament with Peach though. that was fun. holla

valenzuela 04-27-2005 08:25 PM

Best single-players game:
1)Mario Golf
2)Zelda
3)Goldeneye

Best Multi-players games:
1)Mario Party
2)Mario Tennis
3)Super Smash.bros

Im open to suggestions

beeyjay 04-27-2005 09:03 PM

haha i just wanted to bump this for anybody that has had a bad run lately. this is better than playing 5+1s all in every hand

SNOWBALL138 04-27-2005 09:08 PM

your sample size is sooooo small! I just started keeping stats, so I don't have more than 80sngs in my database. All I can say is that my ROI was huge for the first 30, and now its -22%
Soooooo, don't get too cocky with your monster ROI, and I won't get way too discouraged with my pitiful ROI.
I'm going to record another 400 or so SNGs and try to get a better idea of my real win (or loss) rate. Good luck!

raptor517 04-28-2005 07:15 AM

the only reason you could possibly think that the n64 smash was better is because you are clearly a n00b. the cube version just crushes the 64 version in SO many ways. it is much more complex, faster, and takes more skill to be great at. holla

Winwood 04-28-2005 08:14 AM

Best single-players game:
Goldeneye

Best multi-players game:
Goldeneye