Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   30/60 bellagio (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=172296)

Tommy Angelo 01-08-2005 03:17 PM

Re: 30/60 bellagio

"one more thing: these sorts of vegass nits like to show hands without a showdown so you will smile at them and like them, they tend to have no life outside of the poker room, and being told theyre tight and deserve respect is like patting a dog on the head, they lap it up. so go ahead and ..."

And pat them on the head? Just like they want?

Any engagement of any kind shows that you honor and respect them, in their minds. Maximum mumness, especially during sixth street, delivers maximum torture.

Tommy

mike l. 01-08-2005 04:42 PM

"And pat them on the head? Just like they want?'

yes. but you see youre *training* them. like man trains a dog. make those fools your dog. they will show you their hands without a showdown when they got the goods, they will check to you when they should be betting and raising. all sorts of good things can happen.

"Any engagement of any kind shows that you honor and respect them, in their minds."

yes it's very deceptive. it may boost their confidence a little but since they dont know how to play who cares? you meanwhile have the satisfaction of knowing that you own them and can push them around, can manipulate them into doing all sorts of things at the table they shouldnt do. when you make things seem like hey buddy we're a team here we're on the same side, we both play tight and good and grind it out they fold their blinds to you when they should call and dump middle pair for you on the flop or turn when all you got is AK unimproved. ive been in this scenario i know it well, it's a good spot to be in.

"Maximum mumness, especially during sixth street, delivers maximum torture."

i wasnt talking about the showdown man. i was talking about getting a showdown when you havent paid for it. at least not with chips. just with a lie.

Phat Mack 01-08-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get the spicy polish with cheese chili onions mustard and sauerkraut on the side. yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the side? If they are built correctly, you can get it all on the dog.

mike l. 01-08-2005 09:39 PM

no i mean just get the sauerkraut on the side. because it's kind of wet and the bun dissolves. so this way you can just put on a spoonful per bite.

Phat Mack 01-09-2005 03:29 PM

because it's kind of wet and the bun dissolves. so this way you can just put on a spoonful per bite.

Excellent thinking. I've learned something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

willie24 01-09-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he checkraises the flop heads up like that the chances of him having a queen usualy are not good. Especialy in vegas

[/ QUOTE ]

why? how would he play a queen?