Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Lets Talk Food (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401651)

toss 12-20-2005 05:41 PM

Re: Lets Talk Food

I apologize if I came off as arrogant and ignorant. Perhaps it would've been better if I said American style pizza instead of just pizza. I wasn't being clear when I used the term origin.

MonkeeMan 12-20-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any idea how arrogant or ignorant you sound?
Of course not your American its in your constitution to be both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a demonstration of how humble and enlightened all Australians are, or are you the shining example?

Ringo_Mojo 12-20-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love hot dog cart hot dogs from NY, but if the OP is in SoCal, he can just mosey down to TJ for a better one than I've ever had in NY. TJ hot dogs are the [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I havn't had a TJ dog in years, but I remember them being awsome.
I shudder to think what type of meat they're made of but damn they were good.

astroglide 12-21-2005 03:18 AM

rich & charlies is a dump

ted drewe's, while good, is blown away by fritz's

Brainwalter 12-21-2005 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I apologize if I came off as arrogant and ignorant. Perhaps it would've been better if I said American style pizza instead of just pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did:

[ QUOTE ]
Today I'd like to ask a question about why it seems that food tastes better from its place of origin rather than somewhere else. I'm taking about New York or Chicago style pizza, Mexican food, barbeque, pastries, everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

toss 12-21-2005 04:50 AM

Hmmm I didn't even notice that.

Now I have another question. Are there any nationwide pizza chains that come close to the quality of New York and Chicago pizzerias? I'm thinking Papa Johns is the best I've had.

MrMon 12-21-2005 04:55 AM

All depends on which Rich & Charlie's you go to. Some are better than others.

Ah, the Fritz's vs. Ted Drewes debate. When Fritz's gets another 50 years under their belt, we'll talk. And I grew up in Florissant, when Fritz's was an A&W Root Beer stand.

Leaky Eye 12-21-2005 05:53 AM

I would guess it is the market at work. In a place where a food originates there are probably a lot of people making the same thing. If a bunch of people are selling the same food, only the good ones will survive. However, if one opened a taco stand in Bankok it probably wouldn't have to be very good (provided Thais will eat tacos).

rusty JEDI 12-21-2005 06:26 AM

I think it comes down to what you grew up on. Most people think their own mom makes the best stuffing, or lasagna.

rJ