Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Audi TT Roadster = girls car? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=244939)

MelchyBeau 05-03-2005 07:37 PM

Re: Audi TT Roadster = girls car?

[ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you on all the ricer crap, but there's a difference between ricers and a good, high-reving engine. I absolutely hate The Fast & The Furious for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he (or anyone else at that first race) expect to beat Vin's Viper? OOOh a Viper, I know I'll race it with my Civic. They aren't even in the same class. F-1s don't race Nascar vehicles.

Melch

this guy 05-03-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what's your thoughts on the s2000?

[/ QUOTE ]
The s2000 is in the same class as the miata. It's great for autox and it's got a great engine - arguably the best pound-for-pound engine there is on a reasonable budget, but don't be daily driving that thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Miata is NOT in the same class as an S2000. The S2000 has a much nicer engine, handles better, is more "luxurious", and costs about $10k more. The Miata is a nice car, great for its price, but it just isn't at the same level as an S2000.

1800GAMBLER 05-03-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about the BMW Z3, or the Porshe Boxter? They're basically in the same class as the TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyhow, that's how this thread came about. I'm finally getting my first car but being 20, having just passed my test and living in Britland i can't get insurance _at all_ on a z3. Average insurance cost on most cars for me here is about $5k/year. So we in the twoplustwo chat room narrowed the cars down that i like to:

INFINITI G35 COUPE
Celica Exterior
Audi TT Roadster

Anyhow, i'm hoping the Audi TT doesn't fall into the same insurance category as the z3, oh, and that i don't look gay if i get one.

More suggestions are v. welcome.

BusterStacks 05-03-2005 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you on all the ricer crap, but there's a difference between ricers and a good, high-reving engine. I absolutely hate The Fast & The Furious for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he (or anyone else at that first race) expect to beat Vin's Viper? OOOh a Viper, I know I'll race it with my Civic. They aren't even in the same class. F-1s don't race Nascar vehicles.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes this statement funny is that Vin actually drove an RX-7. I hope you haven't been referring to it as a Viper in previous conversations because you would have looked retarded. Additionally, the other guy (Brian?) drove a decked out eclipse, which would absolutely be competition for an RX-7 when done correctly.

Blackjack 05-03-2005 10:23 PM

No it's a chill car. Not a girls car

BMW Z3 or a Mercedes Convertible is a girls car.

350z roadster > Audi for manliness, power, and looks.

Blackjack

BusterStacks 05-03-2005 10:27 PM

You think a CLK convertible is more girly than an Audi TT? I strongly disagree.

Reef 05-03-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I think this thread is hilarious, I do think the idea of "guy cars" and "chick cars" is absurd.

What's a guy's car supposed to be? A monster truck with a penis-shaped spoiler?

[/ QUOTE ]

While I generally agree with you, no man should drive a Miata.

[/ QUOTE ]

or a Bug

tpir90036 05-04-2005 12:03 AM

I do not personally think that it is a girl car... but it just so happens that everyone I know who has one is a girl.

fluxrad 05-04-2005 12:18 AM

Yes. It's a chick car.

It's not as bad as an Eclipse, but it's still a chick car.

TobDog 05-04-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the same way i can hate garish spoilers and under-car lighting i guess. when i hear a whiny engine, i expect to see a lowered civic with an airbrush of uncle ben on the hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you saw my driving on the freeway the other day? Stop picking on my ride!