Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Most anticipated video games of 2005 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=179675)

ilya 01-21-2005 01:25 AM

Re: Winning Eleven 8 on Xbox

I've heard good things about the WE games....what makes them better than FIFA, in your opinion?

ilya 01-21-2005 01:29 AM

Re: Most anticipated video games of 2005

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Were you a Fallout fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say that I was. I've never played it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely worth checking out if you don't mind somewhat old-school isometric 3-D graphics (the original's from the late 90s). You can probably find both the original Fallout and the sequel for free if you poke around. Same developers as KOTOR.

ilya 01-21-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I still remember being glazed over for about a week or two while playing Morrowind and/or all the FF games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaaahhh...Elder Scrolls. I remember playing Arena on my 486 back in the day. They still haven't managed to make combat very fun, but just exploring in Morrowind could be breathtaking.

AngryCola 01-21-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Same developers as KOTOR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bioware has done some good stuff. I liked the Bauldur's Gate series.

ilya 01-21-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and Icewind Dale and Planescape:Torment were great too.

vulturesrow 01-21-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Planescape was possibly one of the greatest PC games of all time. I still have it.

ilya 01-21-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Planescape was possibly one of the greatest PC games of all time. I still have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. I think I pulled an all-nighter to finish that game.

KJS 01-21-2005 03:11 PM

Re: Winning Eleven 8 on Xbox

They are a labor of love for one Japanese developer who allegedly ate, slept and drank the idea of making the best football sim ever. I think it does a few things better than FIFA. First, it puts in a more realistic margin for error. When I first starting playing FIFA 2004 on the 2nd hardest level (can't remember the name) I quickly figured out I could run down the flank, use the pinpoint cross button to pick out my forward in the box, put in a cross that he would take down on his chest with ease, pivot and score a goal. Too easy. I never found such an easy goal playing WE. The passes are not always spot on, the tackling is not always spot on (a big complaint about FIFA, IMO is that tackling is too easy), and neither is the shooting. Basically you have to work hard as a team to get into good scoring opportunities, much like the real game. I like that in my sports games.

The only potential downside for FIFA players is that I don't think WE has a license for EPL, so the uniforms and players faces might not be actual. That and I doubt it has the killer graphics of other Xbox games since it was not developed for the Xbox. I could be wrong on both accounts though.

stabn 01-21-2005 04:58 PM

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet or not, but Age of Empires III is coming out this fall.

Patrick del Poker Grande 01-21-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet or not, but Age of Empires III is coming out this fall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you shitting me? Oh man I'm in trouble.